[Closed] La Divine Artisan Gelato, Surabaya

Hello gelato lovers! I would like to introduce you to La Divine, a gelato shop on Jl. Dharmahusada. It stands right across Bebini Gelati (I really salute La Divine's audacity to blatantly compete with Bebini *standing ovation*). Unlike Bebini Gelati that stands out with its big white sign, La Divine's existence is rather easy to miss out with its small sign. Furthermore, it does not have its own parking lot so it might be a bit troublesome to drive cars to here.


It was empty when I came. Not even a single staff was seen. My brother and I then made some noise that caused them to pop out from the kitchen lol.




I can smell Christmas already <3

This rotating ice cream display looks attractive yea?

Latte - IDR26,000
In the cold rainy season like this, it is hard to resist getting a cup of hot latte. I think it is more appropriate to call this drink cappuccino instead of latte given the thick foam. Still, it was soothing and already sweet enough without sugar.


Skinny Blonde Fries - IDR26,000
For IDR26,000, you literally get a bucket of crispy fries dusted with adequate amount of salt. It was addictive, although I felt that they could be more generous with the sauce (it was too little, you can refer the pic above).


Waffles with Romeo & Salted Caramel Gelato - IDR50,000
The waffle comes with 2 scoops gelato of your choice and rum caramel sauce. First of all, I really adore the presentation - it looks so artsy! However, I think it is somewhat difficult to appreciate the waffle, unless you are a fan of the crispy type. It was stone-hard, so hard to cut even with sharp knife. The Romeo flavor was full of rum goodness (I felt relieved that it did not contain raisins lol). The rum was strong, but fret not coz it would not get you drunk (duh). The salted caramel gelato had salty flavor that overshadowed the caramel. It is not like it was very salty though; the saltiness was still tolerable for me.

Matcha & Rocky Road Gelato - IDR25,000 (All Mine size)
La Divine's gelato seems to melt very fast, but I believe that is due to no preservative used. The matcha flavor was perhaps the best one I tried here. The pureness of matcha was present, and it possessed a delicious mixture of bitterness and sweetness. Meanwhile, the rocky road flavor tasted boring, and tbh I expected it to contain some marshmallow inside (isn't it how rocky road should be like?).

Overall, La Divine's gelato was okay but not outstanding to me. I would choose Bebini anytime for to-go gelato, but I would prefer La Divine to have a long-hour chillout session given its cozy atmosphere. Not a bad place to try if you are around the area.

-

Jl. Dharmahusada 148
Surabaya, Indonesia 60285
IG: ladivinegelato
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm (Tue - Thu & Sun) // 11am - 10.30pm (Fri - Sat)
Closed on Mon

Comments

Popular Posts