[Closed] Old Town White Coffee, Surabaya

For those who don't know, Old Town White Coffee is a Malaysian kopitiam chain. This Tunjungan Plaza outlet is their first one in Surabaya. I have been to Old Town in Singapore quite often and I love their food, that is why I was excited knowing they opened in Surabaya. By the way, Old Town is famous for its signature nasi lemak, kaya toast, and of course white coffee.

Cold Old Town Enriched Chocolate - IDR31,000
Old Town's enriched chocolate has always been my repeated order here. There was only one size in the menu, but the staff offered to upsize the drink for IDR5,000. I politely rejected her offer as I did not want to bloat myself with too much drink. However, I felt that the one here did not have thick cocoa taste like in SG. It tasted more like cold chocolate Dancow milk (if you have tried it before, you should know haha), so yeah, it was sweet rather than chocolatey.


Kaya & Butter Toast - IDR28,000 (double)
If you are not looking for a filling meal, you should try one their kaya toast. The toast was crispy on the outside, while kaya spread and butter complemented each other perfectly to create a wonderful combination. The feeling you get when the cold butter melts in your mouth is out of this world!

Old Town Ipoh Chicken Hor Fun - IDR45,000
One of the most famous of Ipoh food is hor fun. Hor fun is flat rice noodles (kuay teow) served in clear broth made up of chicken and prawn stock. The noodle was silky smooth and it combined well with the aromatic sesame oil flavor of the soup. It is super comforting to eat on a rainy day.

Overall, Old Town is a great dining place for a simple quality meal (the kaya toast is just flawless!). The pricing is still reasonable to me considering its location in an upscale mall. Although I was a bit disappointed with my chocolate drink, I'm still gonna stick with their kaya toast and I will revisit Old Town for that.

-

Tunjungan Plaza 6, 3rd Floor
Jl. Embong Malang 32-36
Surabaya, Indonesia 60261
+6231-99246362
IG: oldtownina
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts