Avallon, Surabaya

Avallon is an all-day dining restaurant in Crown Prince Hotel Surabaya. Here, you can indulge in the international buffet or a la carte menus. The ambiance is modern with large seating capacity. It can accommodate up to 500 guests so it is suitable for special occasions like birthday celebration, baby showers or corporate events. Talking about the buffet, Avallon has mixture of self-service and a live cooking station. The display of food did not look very attractive to me, except for the dessert station that had always been my favorite section ever in every buffet restaurant.

For the drink, they have selections of hot and cold beverages like tea and soft drink. I decided to stick on lemon tea and water throughout my dinner as the other chilled beverages were too sweet for me.

Starting with pizza bread and fried dumpling

I had spaghetti with tomato sauce, BBQ chicken wings, poached fish, roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs and black pepper beef. Some food was warm while some other was already cold. Once again, the buffet spread was not appetizing enough to entice me. I like the spaghetti and beef the most though.

The only thing I completely enjoyed was this chicken noodle soup, perhaps because it was freshly cooked by the chef. The soup was flavorful, noodle was soft and the wanton was meaty.


Dessert is always a good ending to a lovely meal. While the buffet display looked appealing, I was disappointed with the dessert section because they did not serve quality cakes. I tried the red (velvet?) and chocolate cake only to found out they were awfully dry. The bread was cold and not fluffy, I left it unfinished upon my first bite.

Overall, the buffet at Avallon did not impress me. You really get what you pay here. The taste was average at best, passable and not outstanding. Perhaps you should lower your expectations of the food quality but rest assured you will at least be satisfied with the quantity.

Buffet Price:
- Lunch (11.30am - 3pm):
Mon - Fri: IDR58,000
Sat - Sun: IDR78,000
- Dinner (6pm - 10pm):
Mon - Sun: IDR78,000

-

Crown Prince Hotel Surabaya City Center, 3rd Floor
Jl. Basuki Rahmat 123-127
Surabaya, Indonesia 60271
+6231-5450090
Opening hours: 6am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts