[Closed] Bird House, Surabaya

I was excited to check out the Bird House after seeing pictures of it on Instagram. I like its simple white interior with natural lighting, and the addition of wooden knick-knacks and birdy ornaments that makes us feel like being in a birdhouse. Bird House is actually a 'container' cafe in Loop, and I warn you not to get shocked when you walk up the stairs and see the inside, as it is really just a tiny dining area that can fit no more than 20 people (based on my dumb rough calculation). Since it is a container cafe, the floor seems shaky and it makes sound whenever someone is walking, so that is pretty annoying to me tbh haha.

There was no waitstaff on the second floor, and should you need their assistance, there is a bell on every table. Does this sound efficient to you?


Soda Popsicle - IDR35,000
I always love the idea of drinking something fizzy in a hot day, so there goes my soda popsicle drink. This drink is made of soda, mint leaves and lemon popsicle. I can imagine myself chilling by the poolside having this soda popsicle haha. I think this drink worked quite well, I enjoyed slurping the soda water and licking the lemon popsicle once in a while.


I only ordered one drink so I cannot make any comment regarding the food here. Having that said, I would say that Bird House has done a great job as a newcomer in the west. Looking forward to feeding birds again here, oops I mean trying their food...

-

Loop
Jl. Mayjend Yono Soewoyo 100P
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
IG: birdhousebistro
Opening hours: 12pm - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts