NOMU 9 Bites & Beverage, Malang

Exploring Malang culinary scene is always a fun and exciting thing to do! Whenever I go to Malang, I always get confused in deciding which place should I visit to chill, while the time I have is limited. After selecting several good-looking places from Instagram, my pick went to NOMU 9 on Jl. Pandan. The location is not too far from Jl. Kawi Atas (it is a food heaven fyi) - NOMU 9 is situated on a narrow and quiet street along Jl. Kawi Atas.

From the outside, NOMU 9 looks grand. Upon entering, my eyes were spoiled by the sophisticated interior. The interior carries out post-industrial style and it is dominated with earthy color tones. At a glance, it reminds me of Domicile Kitchen & Lounge in Surabaya.








They have 2 floors here. The first floor is dedicated to non-smokers while the second floor is divided into smoking and non-smoking areas. Even the staircase looks cool for OOTD.


The restroom is beautifully designed too! It is so clean and it smelled good - definitely a plus point from me lol.


Iced Lychee Tea - IDR24,000
The drink contained 2 lychees inside and it was served with liquid sugar separately. Refreshing!


Chicken Schnitzel Green Curry - IDR38,000
It was labeled as 'spicy item' in the menu book, but the spiciness turned out tolerable to me. The taste of the green curry was distinctive but not overwhelming. The chicken was cut too thinly but it was crispy and went well with the green curry.

Lemon Butter Snapper - IDR35,000
The spaghetti was al dente and cream sauce was not exceedingly creamy. The fish fillet was so little - it was quite shocking to see tbh! While the fish could be juicier, it paired up perfectly with the cream sauce and squeeze of lemon.



Maccha-Fogatto - IDR27,000
I totally forgot it was a dessert so I did not inform the staff to serve it after our main course. As an aftermath, the ice cream almost melted utterly when I was about to start eating my dessert. Being an avid matcha lover, I was perfectly satisfied with this dish. It was a real happiness when I scooped the lump of ice cream together with the hot matcha sauce and savored the cold yet aromatic flavor in my mouth. The bitterness of matcha really went well with vanilla ice cream.

I was impressed with what NOMU 9 had in store. A dining place with a cozy ambiance has always been able to steal my heart, and even more with great food! Looking forward to my next visit here when I visit Malang again next time.

-

Jl. Pandan 6
Malang, Indonesia 65115
+62341-5078286
Opening hours: 11am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts