The Fat Turtle, Bali

The Fat Turtle is a small cafe that serves all day breakfast, desserts and coffee. It is located on Jl. Petitenget next to Deus ex Machina shop and opposite Potato Head Beach Club main gate. When I visited this cafe, 90% of the guests were foreigners - suddenly I felt like I was somewhere in Australia haha.

The atmosphere was very laid-back. The sofa where I sat on was plied with coffee bean sack and I love how they converted a sewing table to a dining table.


Mocha - IDR28,000
Sadly, my hot mocha was not very pleasant despite the beautifully crafted latte art. The caffeine was not kicking enough and the chocolate flavor was faint.


Red Velvet Pancakes - IDR55,000
The Fat Turtle cafe is famous for its red velvet pancakes so I made sure to try it on my visit. I now understand why. They were super fluffy and the cream cheese was not overly cheesy, just the way I liked it. There were only 4 pieces honeycomb but dayum I was a fan - they kinda reminded me of Garrett's caramel popcorn. The vanilla ice cream and the chocolate soil created a perfect match together. Not just delicious, the presentation won too; although the cream cheese slipped off the pancake when it was served haha. To my surprise, triple stack of pancake was more than enough to refuel my tummy. Major love!

Overall, I really enjoyed my time here. The pancake was just too good and I would definitely come back for it! If you are a sucker for pancake, The Fat Turtle is a place you simply cannot miss when you are in Bali.

-

Jl. Petitenget 886A, Seminyak
Bali, Indonesia 80361
+628998912127

IG: thefatturtlebali
Opening hours: 8am – 6pm

Comments

Popular Posts