[Outlet Closed] SumoBoo, Jakarta

I was walking around Central Park when I chanced upon this cute-looking cafe. Seeing the SumoBoo! logo, I then remembered that my Jakarta friend had told me about this cafe before. She had tried its branch at PIK and she recommended it as a place to go when I visit Jakarta. I brought my mom here to give it a try.


The place looks colorful and cute. We sat next to the big window overlooking Tribeca Park. There was nobody else except us since it was fasting month.

View of Tribeca Park

Grass Jelly + Big Boba + Egg Pudding + Mochi - IDR29,000
I could only say 'cute, cute, and cute' regarding the presentation. It was served on a wooden tray with SumoBoo! logo carved on it, along with a cute spoon. However, the taste was not impressive enough. It somehow lacked milkiness and sweetness. The grass jelly and egg pudding were thick and wobbly.

Matcha Shiratama Parfait - IDR30,000
This parfait consists of mochi, shiratama balls, red bean, cornflakes and matcha soft-serve. The matcha soft-serve was super bitter - not the type I'm fond of, but go for it if you like pure matcha flavor. The other toppings were just fine and they complemented the soft-serve well.

Boo! Manilla Twist Soft Serve - IDR15,000
Manilla is actually the short form of matcha-vanilla lol. The soft-serve melted very quickly even under aircon. Since it was mixed with vanilla, the matcha flavor was not as strong as the one used for parfait.

One visit is perhaps enough for me since I cannot find the wow factor that makes me want to come back. Although everything here looks very cute, it will come down to the taste, and after all taste is a very subjective topic, am I right?

-

Central Park, 3rd Floor
Jl. Letjen S. Parman 28
West Jakarta, Indonesia 11470
+6221-29200506
IG: sumo_boo
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts