River Hongbao 2016, Singapore

River Hongbao is an annual festival in Singapore set up to celebrate Chinese New Year. This year I visited the event with my 3 other friends 2 days before CNY. The event is situated along The Float @ Marina Bay, so basically we exited from Esplanade and walked along the promenade until we found the event's entrance. You can also go there from Bayfront MRT (Marina Bay Sands) and cross the Helix Bridge. So what is there in River Hongbao? There are lantern displays, Chinese performance, fireworks, food stalls, some fun fair rides like bumper car and carnival games. We did not go there until night, so we did not manage to watch the fireworks and see the lanterns lit up.


2016 is the year of monkey. Look at those cute monkey displays behind me, which resemble the emojis haha. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Our favorite part of the event was of course the food stalls haha. We spotted 3 ice cream roll stalls, churros stall, Thai food stall and even Indonesian food stall.

Ice Cream Rollies - $5
This was from Happy Rollies stall. For $5, you get to choose 2 mix of flavors, 1 sauce and 1 crunchy topping. We mixed Kinder Bueno and Thai milk tea flavors with chocolate sauce and rainbow rice. We got to watch the fun making process of the ice cream. Kinder Bueno plus Thai milk tea was surprisingly a nice combination!

Pearl Milk Tea - $3
Yes, I could not live without tapioca pearls inside my milk tea. Unfortunately I had to pay $3 for this glass of diluted milk tea, meanwhile you can get Gong Cha at the same price.


Walked to Marina Bay Sands to take pics

Overall, I enjoyed my first experience of River Hongbao. It is a great event to visit with your family to celebrate CNY. There is no admission fee, but of course you have to pay for the rides haha. Okay, I'm ending my post here... Happy Chinese New Year 2016, Gong Xi Fat Choi, 新年快乐, wishing you a prosperous year ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts