Yamatoten Abura Soba, Surabaya

Good news to Surabayans, you can now have a taste of authentic Japanese abura soba in Surabaya! Yamatoten, a dedicated Japanese abura soba place from Tokyo has finally opened its first branch outside Jakarta at Pakuwon Mall. Soba may not gain as much popularity as ramen or udon in Indonesia, therefore not everyone may know it. Literally translated to 'oily soba', abura soba is buckwheat noodle served with thick soy sauce replacing the soup. The texture is chewy like udon but springy like ramen.

Cold Ocha - IDR12,000
We always appreaciate the presence of refillable ocha in Japanese restaurant, am I right? Haha.

Abura Soba - IDR69,000
Of course I had to try their abura soba. I had the basic variant which consisted of abura soba, bamboo shoots, sesame seeds, dried seaweed and tender roast pork. The soba had the right consistency and the seasoning was just delectable.

The key to the delicious abura soba is to season the dish with 2 rounds of vinegar and chili oil, then mix it thoroughly. This method is practical and applicable to all soba dishes here to make the most of your dining experience.

Overall, I was happy with my first bowl of soba and I would definitely recommend Yamatoten as a must-try soba restaurant to you guys. I can definitely see myself revisiting this place when I happen to be at Pakuwon Mall.

-

Pakuwon Mall, 2M Floor (Food Society)
Jl. Puncak Indah Lontar 2
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
+6231-99147901
IG: yamatoten
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts