Old Wood Bistro & Bar, Surabaya

On a Saturday, I had a triple date with my dad, my 2 cousins and their daddies. Haha it was actually my cousin's idea to have this daddy-daughter's gathering, since usually our dads were busy with work and we always hang out by ourselves. For the venue, our pick went to Old Wood Bistro & Bar as it was the closest to my house. Old Wood is not a new place, but it was my first time going there. The interior of this place is (almost) entirely made of wood - I like how the place is aptly named. They have both indoor and outdoor seatings, whereby we chose to sit indoor. There is live music every Saturday at 8pm (not sure for other days though).






Since we came during Halloween week, the place was decorated thematically. We got surprised by this 'girl' when we opened the front door.


The 'girl' is hung on a rope that is connected to the door, so when the door is opened the 'girl' will be pulled down. Nice scare trick!

Creepy baby doll and headless shit

Spider web?

Iced Tea - IDR20,000
It was refreshing but a tad too sweet for my liking.

Cappuccino - IDR30,000
Unable to live without caffeine, I got myself some hot cap. The proportion of the espresso, milk and foam were nicely done. It was pretty aromatic and creamy, but could be richer.


Bancakan - IDR160,000
If you come in a group of 4, I would suggest you to order this special menu called Bancakan. The rice and all the side dishes are served on a long wooden tray. This menu comes with 4 fried chickens, nasi teri (rice with anchovies), fried tofu, sayur asem (sour soup) and keropok. To me, everything tasted mediocre here but I think this menu is value for money as it is more than sufficient for 4 people.

Overall, we all enjoyed our daddy-daughter's bonding time at Old Wood. They served unpretentious dishes in a casual setting, although the place looked rather spooky due to Halloween event.

-

Jl. Nias 98
Surabaya, Indonesia 60281
+6231-8275309
IG: oldwoodbistro
Opening hours: 4pm - 12am (Tue - Sun)
Closed on Mon

Comments

Popular Posts