PappaJack Asian Cuisine + [Closed] King Mango Thai, Surabaya

PappaJack is a restaurant selling varieties of Asian (especially Malaysian) dishes. I'm not sure whether it is affiliated with PappaRich, but I know PappaJack has several outlets in Jakarta and this Tunjungan Plaza 6 outlet is the first one in Surabaya. The menus are mostly kopitiam fares with nasi lemak being its specialty item.


This restaurant has smoking area with cool view of TP6, I felt like I was somewhere abroad haha!

Teh Jelly - IDR29,000
Premium iced milk tea with some coffee jelly inside. It was refreshing and big in size, albeit a tad sweet.

Curry Laksa Bakso Ikan - IDR39,000
The coconut milk-based curry soup was rather sweet with fresh seafood taste. The laksa leaves added more richness to the soup. There was a generous amount of bouncy fish meatball inside the laksa, which was satisfying.

Chicken Porridge - IDR30,000
The porridge was smooth in texture and the smoothness remained consistent throughout. The chicken meat inside was pretty generous. The sesame oil added extra fragrance to the porridge, although the dish was already flavorful on its own. Such comfort food, if only some you tiao was present.

The food at PappaJack did not disappoint me, but it was not outstanding either. The quality is well-maintained while keeping the price reasonable for mall standards. A good option for Malaysian dining when you are at TP6.

-

Tunjungan Plaza 6, 4th Floor
Jl. Embong Malang 32-36
Surabaya, Indonesia 60261
+6231-99245298
IG: pappajackoficial
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm


-

Yassss I finally tried King Mango Thai! I purposely waited for the grand opening hype to cool down since I really did not get the point of queuing 2 hours for mango drink, even though it was half-priced (King Mango Thai's sneaking long queue is probably the longest I have ever seen in town). When I came down to their store, it was literally empty. I believe Surabayans are not the type of people who would spend IDR50,000 for a drink *ahem*.

Big Mango - IDR50,000
King Mango Thai serves the one and only mango drink called 'Big Mango'. The drink comes in tall (it is really tall, no joke) plastic cup with cardboard holder. It basically has everything a mango lover can ask for in a cup. The mango smoothie is topped with layer of fresh cream and fresh mango cubes on top. It gave various flavor and texture in each slurp. I requested for extra cream to reduce the richness of the mango (fyi, I actually don't like mango - I have never been a fan of mango fruit or mango juice, but I really gotta try this for social media sake). The cream was just normal, lightly sweetened whipped cream (I was hoping the cream would be slightly salty though). Unless you are a big drinker, do share this cup for two. I already felt bloated after drinking a quarter of the cup.

Overall, I would say King Mango Thai is worth trying, only for mango lovers. I quite enjoyed mixing the smoothie and cream together to get the balanced flavor that I wanted. Another gripe is probably that it is too expensive, as for almost half the price I can get Queen Mango which is still under the same roof.

-

Tunjungan Plaza 3, LG Floor, Unit 108
Jl. Basuki Rahmat 8-12
Surabaya, Indonesia 60261
+6231-5310286
IG: kingmangoindonesia
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts