[Closed] Lareia Kitchen, Surabaya

While at Pakuwon Mall yesterday, I chanced upon Lareia's new outlet going under the name 'Lareia Kitchen'. Its first outlet is at Ciputra World and the most recent one is this Pakuwon Mall outlet, which was opened this late September. So by the time I went there, it was still their soft opening days.

While Lareia is known for their mille crepes, Lareia Kitchen also features hot food (light bites and main course) and coffee in addition to a its cakes, hence the name. The interior looks gorgeous with gray and white theme used for its setup and furnishing.

Complimentary plain water

Truffle Cheese Fries - IDR40,000
When I saw truffle fries on the menu, I knew I simply shouldn't miss it. Actually they also had salted egg fries, but I decided to go with truffle fries since I wanted something crispy and dry to accompany my dessert. The appearance looked promising with generous parmesan on top of the fries. I like the use of shoestring fries which makes it easier for the fries to absorb the truffle taste. Every single piece was doused with subtle truffle oil goodness. For the price of IDR40,000, I was satisfied.


Oreo Castle Mille Crepe - IDR45,000
The cakes are delivered daily from the front cake display. I got overwhelmed by the choices on the display - the mille crepe itself has no less than 8 variants, and they also had other types of cake like naked cake and pie. I let my cousin choose the flavor and she picked Oreo Castle. I have tried Lareia's mille crepe before and it was still as fabulous. The crepe layers were paper-thin that they melted in my mouth. It was easy to pierce through the layers with a fork without breaking them apart. In between each of the layers are delicate, light pastry cream that was not cloyingly sweet. I love it layer by layer!


My overall experience at Lareia Kitchen was a pleasant one. Service was generally good although they were newly-opened (service charge is imposed for dine-in). Having said that, I would definitely visit Lareia again for some mille crepes during my shopping break.

-

Pakuwon Mall, 2nd Floor
Jl. Puncak Indah Lontar 2
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
+6281331876141
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts