Thirty 3 Brew + Matchbox Too, Surabaya

Thirty 3 Brew is a tiny little coffee shop that used to be located on Jl. Jawa but it has recently moved to Jl. Opak. The cafe looks tiny from outside but it is actually quite spacious inside. It has connected kitchen to Matchbox Too restaurant next door, so you can order Matchbox food too without having to leave Thirty 3 Brew.




This is probably the most Tumblr-ish corner in town. I'm sure every girl cannot help but Instagram themselves posing with this cute neon sign. Well, fuck sugar coz I like my coffee bitter #justkidding.


Free lemon-infused water is available at the counter


Coffee Latte - IDR35,000
My hot latte was served in a cute pink paper cup. The coffee was easy to drink - it was decent with light-bodied taste and mildly-bitter aftertaste.


Flat White - IDR30,000
The flat white was light and had good aftertaste. Everything went well for me.

Iced Caramel Latte - IDR37,000
The iced caramel latte came in a cute looking glass. The blend was smooth, just that it did not taste caramel enough.

Snack Sampah - IDR40,909
If you are wondering what 'Snack Sampah' means, it means 'rubbish snack'. Perhaps it is because you get a little bit of everything like fries, onion rings and wonton, so it looks like a mix of rubbish on a plate lol. Since it was a mix of several items, there were hits and misses.

Overall, this place is recommended to everyone looking for a quiet space with affordable yet decent coffee. I would gladly be back for their coffee and *ahem* that cute pink neon sign.

-

Jl. Opak 45
Surabaya, Indonesia 60241
+6231-99532288
IG: thirty3brew
Opening hours: 10am - 11pm



-

After our chilling sesh at Thirty 3 Brew, we moved to Matchbox Too next door. My purpose of coming here is none other than to take pictures with its pinky leaves background that was all over Instagram haha.




Lemon Tea - IDR20,000
The serving was pretty big and it was refreshing.

Iced Cappuccino - IDR27,273
The drink was somewhat diluted and too milky. I think Thirty 3 Brew makes good coffee in hot version but not really for the cold one.

Spaghetti Indonesian Pesto - IDR45,455
My brother joked that my spaghetti Indonesian pesto would taste like soto ayam, and apparently he was 50% right. The pesto sauce got the hint of soto ayam and it was a bit oily. Perhaps that is what they mean by Indonesian pesto. While I expected the pasta to be a bit firmer a bit, the sliced chicken was tender and generously given.

Curry Rice Patty Egg - IDR40,909
The curry tasted delicious, just that it was too watery for me, making it look more like soup. The beef patty was thick and thank goodness the meat was not dry. You can request for the egg to be cooked well done if you do not fancy runny egg yolk.

Overall, I did not find anything impressive from my visit aside of the photos I took there. I felt really uncomfortable with the fact that they let people smoke inside aircon-ed room (what logic is this; what is the point of having outdoor area then?!). I would just come to chill at Thirty 3 Brew since I could always order the food from Matchbox without moving out.

-

Jl. Opak 45
Surabaya, Indonesia 60241
+6281999333081
IG: matchboxtoo
Opening hours: 11am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts