Random Eats: October - December 2017

Item: Hot Latte - $5.70 (Primo size)
Location: Costa Coffee (Plaza Singapura, Singapore)
Costa Coffee is a British coffee chain with Singapore being the first Southeast Asian country to have its outlet. It is a shame that I had never tried Costa Coffee during my 3 years of living in Singapore. Since I planned to sit a while only while waiting for my friend to come, I ordered the smallest size of cuppa. The drink came in a cute Christmas-themed paper cup. The latte was decent. The balance of espresso and milk was in line with my preference.

Food (above): Cereal Chicken Rice
Food (below): Salted Egg Chicken
Location: Kopitiam (Compass One, Singapore)
The chicken pieces were crispy and nicely paired with sugary cereal bits. And I wished they gave me just a bit more salted egg sauce to go along with the rice coz it was delicious!

Food: Roasted Chicken Rice - $3.60 (small size)
Location: Kopitiam (Changi Airport Terminal 3, Singapore)
To my disappointment, the meat was not very succulent and tender. The rice was fragrant but rather dry. The ginger sauce at least managed to save the dish.

Item: Iced Milk Tea
Location: Halo Kopi (Geldboom, Surabaya)
Unfortunately, they were running out of coffee-based drink, so my friend opted for tea instead. The drink was rather average tasting. I feel that the proportion of milk was too much that it overpowered the whole drink.


Item: Ei Salted Egg Potato Chips - IDR30,000
Origin: Indonesia
Ei Salted Egg is by far the best salted egg snack I have ever tried in Indo (Irvins is an exception lol). The cuts are thin but they are filled with creamy salted egg goodness.

Comments

Popular Posts