Eastman Coffee, Semarang

Hello folks! It has been a year since my last visit to Semarang and I was completely puzzled in planning out where to eat there, because Semarang is not somewhere familiar to me. I barely heard of any famous cafe in Semarang, so I asked my uncle for recommendations. He had been to several cafes and one of those cafes he recommended was Eastman Coffee. Apparently, Eastman Coffee has just opened earlier this year. My brother and I went for late breakfast at 9am and the place was almost full already (aha, I could see the popularity). Eastman Coffee is located right in the center of the city, only 500 meters away from Simpang Lima. Eastman shares the same building with an up-class restaurant called Bowery on the back side. Parking lot is wide and they provides valet service as well.

Eastman looks more like a semi fine-dining restaurant than a coffee shop tbh. Not many coffee shop have chandelier and flower vase on every table right?

Cafe Latte - IDR28,000
The coffee was served on a metal tray with an almond biscuit. A glass of plain water was also thoughtfully served along with the coffee. My uncle told me the coffee at Eastman was good, but somehow I had to disagree. My latte was smooth but too acidic for my liking. It is not that it was too strong like piccolo but it was just acidic (strong coffee does not need to be acidic). Perhaps I was just unlucky that time.

Mr. PB - IDR35,000
My brother was attracted to this drink because he saw in the menu that it contained Madura salted caramel lol (he was like 'Madura produce salted caramel meh?'). Anyway, the glass might look small, but in fact it was very filling. The strong nutty flavor hit me at the first sip. We then described the taste as how 'martabak manis' tasted like haha. The milkshake itself was smooth and rich. The salted caramel helped enhance the overall flavor to be less nutty.

Balinese Fried Rice - IDR35,000
They also have Indonesian food in the menu. This Balinese fried rice came with sate lilit, chicken feet crackers, fried egg, sambal and acar on the side. I tried a spoonful and I found nothing special. I am never a fan of Balinese spices and I don't think I will ever be.

Sweet Chick - IDR40,000
I opted for this American soul food as I wanted something savory and sweet. I'm gonna rave about this dish and you should really get this when you visit Eastman (disclaimer: I had never tried fried chicken with waffles before, thus I have no benchmark). I forgot to ask for the maple syrup to be served separately, but thankfully it was not as sweet as I thought. The waffle was well-made. It wasn't the crispy type but it was buttery and dense. The chicken was da bomb. I love how it was tender, crispy-skinned and flavorful without being too greasy. I devoured everything including the mesclun (I don't usually finish my mesclun lol). The serving was also hearty for the price. Man, feed me this anytime!

Overall, I had my breakfast here in contentment. Not only the place was charming, but the food was also above my expectations. The service was okay albeit not very courteous. Couldn't believe we only spent around IDR160,000 for 2 people to dine in such fancy ambiance - it is something you will not encounter in big cities like Jakarta and Surabaya.

-

Jl. Ahmad Yani 140
Semarang, Indonesia 50241
+6224-8316343
IG: eastman_smg
Opening hours: 7am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts