Threelogy, Surabaya

Despite being surrounded by notable university and high schools in the city, it is easy to miss the cafe as it does not have prominent signboard from outside (my Grab driver nearly missed the cafe). Well, Threelogy is located behind St. Louis Senior High School and just a stone throw away from Widya Mandala Catholic University. It has smoking and non-smoking sections, whereby the non-smoking area feels quite crampy.





Bright sunlight streaming in? Checked. Instagenic spots? Checked, I spotted 75% of its patrons taking OOTDs here.

Hot Latte - IDR32,000
I asked the barista if I could get a cup of skinny latte, but unfortunately they only had the regular one. Okay then. The latte art looks pretty, but the coffee was too acidic for my liking, making the drink taste rather unpalatable. I put in a half sachet of zero-calorie sweetener and my latte turned awful. Btw, I love the pics I took above. The grass in the background makes it look like I was having my coffee time in the garden lol.

Lychee Tea - IDR36,000
It was refreshing with adequate sweetness.

Roasted Hazelnut - IDR36,000
You need to stir this drink thoroughly or else it will taste so bitter. I believe it is coffee-based, but the coffee tasted rather bland while the hazelnut flavor was stronger than expected. Go for it if you fancy nutty drink.

Truffle Parmesan Fries - IDR34,000
The truffle fries was gobbled up in a jiffy. I could easily put it in my list of best truffle fries in Surabaya.

Caesar Chicken Salad - IDR50,000
I think they used iceberg instead of the crunchier Romaine lettuce. The sauce was lacking, so the salad as a whole felt dry. I would suggest them to use grilled chicken instead of fried one, because I think there is no point having salad with greasy fried chicken. After all, salad is a part of my healthy life scheme (do I smell bullshit here?).

Moza Baked Rice - IDR48,000
My brother said the so-called baked rice was never actually baked - in fact it was more like fried rice with melted mozzarella on top. Nevertheless, the portion was just nice and satisfying. The taste was okay and it was loaded with egg, mushroom and broccoli. The chicken used was similar to the one in my salad.

Waffle Your Way - IDR44,000
The waffle is served with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and Oreo crumbs. I was questioning why they gave 3 slices of waffle when one whole round consisted of 4? Anyway, this is not the type of waffle that I like. It was soggy and tasteless without the help of ice cream and caramel sauce.

Overall, Threelogy is a pretty good chill spot in the city center. Did not find anything remarkable here other than its minimalistic-looking though. Well, there is always a room for improvement, and I would love to see much more from Threelogy in the future. Ciao!

-

Jl. Mojopahit 46
Surabaya, Indonesia 60265
+6281235070304
Opening hours: 7am - 9pm

Comments

Popular Posts