Typica Kopi, Surabaya

I got interested to visit Typica Kopi after seeing a local influencer posting a pic of the cafe on her Instagram. Typica Kopi is located in San Antonio Shopping Street (Pakuwon City), which is the eastern tip of Surabaya. It is funny how I stay closer to the east, yet I go to the west more often.


At Typica, orders are to be placed at the counter. I like how the food and drink here are all affordably priced despite the cozy ambiance.



I chose to sit on the second floor, of course after finished taking pics on the first floor. The second floor looks colorful with murals, even the staircase looks cute.

There is a balcony with a view of San Antonio main street, which caters to smokers

I was shocked when the staff served this complimentary plain water. It came in a freakin' tall glass bottle! This can quench the thirst of more than 2 people lol.

Cold Coffee Mocha - IDR38,000
If you prefer to have more chocolatey taste in your mocha, you may not be satisfied with Typica's version. The caffeine tasted rather overpowering and could be reduced to make it a perfect iced mocha.

Big Breakfast with Cappuccino - IDR35,000
When I was about to make my order, the cashier guy informed me that they were currently having a promotion where we could get a portion of Big Breakfast and cappuccino for just IDR35,000. Being a cheapo, I gladly accepted his offer. This is such a good deal man (fyi, a cup of cappuccino already costs IDR32,000 if bought ala carte)!


I kindly asked the barista if they could make a 3D latte art on my cap. He attended to my request and tadah, here is a cat peeping from the cup haha (nice try Mr. Barista!). The hot cap was decent. It smelled good and the texture was smooth.

Typica Big Breakfast consists of one sausage, scrambled eggs, potato chips, lettuce salad and 4 small toasts. The sausage was spicy, so it was not really my favorite. Potato chip as usual is bae, no complain. The toasts were surprisingly good, they had nice buttery taste.


Fettucine Curry Carbonara - IDR24,000
Unlike normal carbonara, this pasta incorporates curry flavor in the creamy sauce. The pasta was hearty although it was meatless. The highlight was probably that soft poached egg that gave velvety finish to the dish when you break it.



Typica Kopi is one of those cafes I could immediately fall for without trying too hard. I just love its simplicity and more importantly, it serves good cuppa.

-

San Antonio Shopping Street N1-83
Pakuwon City
Surabaya, Indonesia 60112
Opening hours: 9am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts