A Year of Finding Myself

I cannot believe it has been a whole year since I walked across the stage at my graduation, and I thought it is a good time to do a reflection of how life has treated me as a college graduate. I have accomplished much in this past year - I have grown as a more matured person, I have made life-changing decisions, and I have learnt that friendships required a lot of effort.

When I was in college, I always envisioned the real world. I could not wait to just finish all the subjects, no more studying and mugging in libraries or Starbucks for exams. I looked forward to being an adult where I would have a fabulous job and have the freedom to do what I want. But NO. The real world is a cold, harsh place where you are just thrown into it completely blind and unprepared. After college, we expect so much from life and from ourselves that when it does not happen, we eventually feel defeated.

I have no idea when anything is going to actually happen for me. But now that I'm at this point in my life, I'm embracing it. Embracing the chaos, the uncertainty, the unknown. I realize that when you have high expectations for your future, nothing will ever be good enough. Because nothing will ever turn out the way you want it to. Post-college life is one heck of a ride, but I believe that as long as you follow your heart and do what makes you happy, you can make your dreams a reality.

"Carpe that freakin' diem, seize the day and make your life extraordinary"

Comments

Popular Posts