Warung Kampong Pedas + Water Blow + [Outlet Closed] Coco Bistro, Bali

On our off-day, my friend and I wanted to go to Water Blow for a sightseeing trip. After fetching my friend at her 'kost', we had lunch first at Warung Kampong Pedas before making our way to Water Blow. This warung specializes in ayam betutu (a Balinese traditional chicken dish), but I decided to order other stuff as I felt ayam betutu was too spicy for me.


Strawberry Juice - IDR28,000
I requested the staff to add more condensed milk in my strawberry juice. It was perfect to drink on a sunny day like this, if only it was not too pricey haha.

Ayam Kremes
I only ordered a quarter of fried chicken with crispy crumbs to eat with rice. They used ayam kampung, therefore the size is smaller than the broilers. The chicken was well-marinated and fried to crispiness. It was served with Bali-style sambal matah - it was unique to me as the warungs in Java usually served the chicken with sambal terasi.

-

Jl. Darma Wangsa 18, Nusa Dua
Bali, Indonesia 80361
+62361-4729518
Opening hours: 8am - 9pm


-

After lunch, we drove to Water Blow in Nusa Dua. Water Blow is located inside BTDC (Bali Tourism Development Corporation) complex, just a short distance from the Grand Hyatt Hotel. From Grand Hyatt hotel, you will see a big lawn (it is called the Peninsula) leading you to Water Blow gate. If you think Water Blow is a kind of beach, I tell you, you absolutely cannot swim or play with the waves or sand here as the whole area is surrounded by steep cliffs. The waves are very strong since it is directly connected to Indian Ocean.

Alternatively, you can play at Nusa Dua Beach located not far from Water Blow




Water Blow lets you witness the awesome power of nature as large waves from the Indian Ocean constantly crash against the jagged cliffs. The waves can reach up to several meters high. If you stand closer to the edge of the cliffs, you may be able to feel the irregular splashes and sprays of the waves (you may want to bring extra clothes). It was an amazing sight to behold. When the waves crashed the cliffs, all I could say was simply 'wowww' or 'wahhh'. Be aware of caution boards that read 'strong currents', 'sudden drop off', 'dangerous shorebreak', 'slippery rocks' and 'sharp coral' along the way.





Overall, I recommend you to visit Water Blow when you happen to be in Bali. The access is relatively easy and it is not difficult to find the Water Blow gate. Before going home, we went to Bali Collection to look around. We stopped by a restaurant called Coco Bistro to sit down and rest for a while.

Iced Lemon Tea
The lemon tea was too sour, but adding some sugar syrup did help neutralize the taste. So refreshing!

Fettuccini Carbonara - IDR77,000
I set my expectation high for this dish as Coco Bistro seemed to specialize in Italian food. While I could not find any fault to the taste of this dish, I felt that the price tag of IDR77,000 was hefty.

-

Bali Collection, BTDC
Jl. Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 80361
+62361-773735
Opening hours: 10am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts