Kober Mie Setan, Bali

Kober Mie Setan is not a new name to me since it has several outlets in Surabaya. It is just that I have never had the willing to queue one hour to eat noodle. Now that I'm in Bali, I finally got to try Mie Setan since my friend was craving for it so badly and she brought me to eat there. Similar to the one in Surabaya, the outlet in Bali is also packed with people and we needed to queue 30 minutes to reach the counter. We order and pay at the counter, find an empty seat and the staff will shout our name to deliver our order. I find it freaking disorganized though. There is no guarantee that you get a seat even though you have already settled your order and payment. You really gotta bear with the noise level here, I warn you.

Ice Genderuwo - IDR9,500
Even the drinks here are named Indonesian ghosts, like tuyul, pocong and genderuwo lol. This ice genderuwo is just syrup with milk and fruit slices. It was too sweet for me.

Mocca Frappe - IDR10,000
My drink came sooooo late, even after the noodle had come. It tasted just like instant blended drink, but I did not complain since it was nice haha.

They also serve various selection of dim sum (frozen, not homemade). We ordered 4 baskets to share.
In this pic are hakau, udang keju, lumpia udang and sio may (in clockwise order).

Hakau - IDR9,000
The hakau was quite big and the shrimp was juicy - for just IDR9,000 (so cheap!).

Udang Keju - IDR9,000
The breaded shrimp was also tasty although the amount of cheese inside was not much.

Lumpia Udang - IDR9,000
It was average.

Sio May - IDR9,000
Frozen siew mai detected haha!

Mie Angel - IDR9,000
Thank God they has non-spicy noodle that accommodates my spiciness intolerance. The noodle is simple, only contains small sausages, fried wonton skin and fried shallot. This dish tends to taste plain to me.

Left: Mie Setan - IDR10,000
Mie Setan is plain noodle with chili, but what makes it special is that you can choose your preferred spiciness level. Level 1 starts from 12 chilies (it sounds damn scary to me already), and the highest one, level 5, ends with 60 chilies. My friend ordered level 2 noodle and she was sweating like crazy while eating. Prepare your diarrhea pills, people!

Right: Mie Iblis - IDR10,000
Different from Mie Setan, the noodle in Mie Iblis is mixed with sweet soy sauce so it tasted sweeter and thicker.

I think one visit is enough to cure my curiosity. I don't get why this place is so overrated, other than its cheap price. I would not recommend eating here if you are looking for a quiet place or you are in hungry condition. This is also not the right place if you are looking for good food. Maybe you can challenge your friend to eat level 5 noodle and I bet it will be amusing to see their reaction haha.

-

Jl. Bedugul 37A, Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia 80224
+6281139606272
IG: koberbar
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts