INGKA, Bali

Today I had a catch up session my junior high school mate who lived in Bali. For the venue, we chose INGKA on Jl. Mertanadi - we both agreed that this place looked good on Instagram. If you know the famous Nook Restaurant, INGKA is its sister restaurant.



INGKA has both indoor and outdoor sections. The indoor one is decorated with hipster knick-knacks and wooden furniture - it feels so cozy and homey.


Meanwhile, I really like their outdoor area - it is small yet Instagenic! It has rice field miniature that looks wonderful during the golden hours. It feels very Balinese too! Thumbs up for their efficiency in making use of narrow space.

Weight Loss - IDR30,000
INGKA offer selections of detox juice under the name Healthy Boosters. This detox is made of carrot, orange, apple, beetroot, and lime. Not sure if it really helped losing the weight though haha.

Purple Resolutions - IDR35,000
This was hands down one of the best smoothies I had ever tried! Upon the first sip it oddly tasted like cough syrup, but it gradually tasted nicer and nicer when I stirred it. 

There was a promotion of free tapas during dinner time (after 5pm). The tapas of the day was tomato bruschetta. It was tasty and the tomato was fresh, but the bread was a tad too tough.

Pork Loin - IDR65,000
For the main course, my friend opted for the pork loin. The poultry dishes here come with a choice of rice, sauteed potato or French fries. The pork meat was flavorful and fork-tender.

BBQ Chicken - IDR65,000
I had never expected my BBQ chicken to taste so Indonesian haha. It even came with sambal matah! I thought they would pour over some BBQ sauce or something. Anyway, the serving was very filling but the sauteed veggie was a bit too dry for my liking.

We wanted to have some ice cream after the main course. We saw an ice cream display near the cashier and we went there to see what flavors they got.

Snickers & Nutella Ice Cream - IDR20,000
The ice cream here costs IDR20,000 per scoop, but we can mix up to 2 flavors in a scoop. I got myself the Snickers and Nutella flavors. Sadly, the texture of the ice cream was rough with some ice crystals. The taste was fine though, just how Snickers and Nutella should taste like. I should have gone to Gusto instead, which was just a few metres away.

Frankly speaking, I could not believe dining at INGKA would be this affordable, considering the classy yet hipster atmosphere. Our bill was totaled up around IDR250,000 only. All food here is definitely worth the price paid. I will return here for sure!

-

Jl. Mertanadi 80
Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia 80361
+62361-735219
IG: ingkabali
Opening hours: 8am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts