[Outlet Closed] The Manhattan Fish Market, Singapore

One day, my friend brought me to have lunch at The Manhattan Fish Market before she went to work. Actually I had never eaten at MFM before, so I wanted to compare it to Fish & Co too haha.

Creamy Mushroom Penne - $13.95
We shared a plate of mushroom penne. I did not really like this as it was too creamy and I got sick of it after a while.

Dory Feeesh 'n Cheese - $13.95
Doesn't this look damn mouthwatering? The dory fillets were drizzled with garlic herb sauce, complemented with cheesy chips and side salad. Upon the first slice of the fish, I got the first impression that MFM's fish was slightly less oily than Fish & Co. Instead of giving one long fillet of fish, they gave us 2 medium-sized ones, and that made the portion looked bigger than Fish & Co's (I'm not sure whether it is eye trick or real haha). The meat was soft and well-marinated. The fries was covered abundantly with cheese sauce. Holy moly, look at that cheese sauce! And they need to pour more garlic sauce because it was seriously yummy!

Grilled Glory Dory - $13.95
The grilled dory was served with garlic herb rice and veggies. My friend complained that the rice was served cold. It was indeed a bit cold when I tried, but it tasted pretty good with a distinct hint of herb. The fish was similar to mine, just that it was grilled while mine was deep-fried. I noticed that the regular portion was not big enough haha.

I was satisfied with my meal here. In my opinion, MFM's fish & chips is more value for money compared to Fish & Co, these two brands are quite identical in taste and quality (I don't get why people say MFM's fish & chips sucks). However, I must say that Fish & Co excels more in variety (they have fish & chips with various flavors from around the world like Singapore, Japan, Italy, etc.), while MFM only has classic fish & chips with choice of original or cheese fries. But after all, it comes to personal preference. Both MFM and Fish & Co. have their own loyal customers and promotional strategies to win over public attention.

-

68 Orchard Road, #06-07
Plaza Singapura
Singapore 238839
+65-68359300
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts