USS Halloween Horror Nights 2014, Singapore

Yay to attending Halloween Horror Nights for the first time! 2 days before the D-day, I had bought the ticket at the USS ticket sales counter which cost $55 using student card (normal price $68). It was a Saturday when we went there, so I predicted there would be a big crowd. My prediction was accurate, as queue had already been spotted from Sentosa Express station at VivoCity. My God, I have never seen Sentosa Express queue this long! The train was really squeezy as well, but still bearable since it was only less than 5 minutes ride.

I started to feel the spooky atmosphere as I entered the gate and was greeted by scary-looking staffs in scary face painting. The opening ceremony almost went to an end that time, and we still managed to watch the ending part. We then proceed to our first haunted house, which was Jack's 3D Dementria. Frankly speaking, I'm a scaredy cat. Haunted house is not somewhere I will go easily - no matter how hard you try to convince me, I will still insist not to go. But since it is Halloween, and what is Halloween without haunted house (plus some attractions are just temporary) I braced myself to go. On the attraction gate it was written 'waiting time: 90 minutes'. Man, another one and half hour to queue for a haunted house?! At this point I realized why Express Pass cost half the entrance fee...

Okay, 90 minutes of waiting time was not that bad. Finally our turn came. Before entering the haunted house, we needed to wear a 3D glasses. Inside the house were a bunch of scary clowns (Boogeyman) which were real people, and by using 3D glasses it looked scarier because they really looked like they were going to touch you! I screamed countless times inside, and this became the only haunted house (out of 4) I visited on HHN4 (you know the reason la).

After Jack's, we entered the first Scare Zone. Scare Zone is basically the area where the scare actors will suddenly pop out to scare you, and you can take some pics with them. I really wished I could go out asap from every scare zone here. Those scare actors did a very well-done job in getting myself freaked out. I was standing at a place when suddenly a girl zombie popped out on my left with her bloody face staring at me! I knew I was too much, but it almost made me burst into tears. 

Surviving the first scare zone, we queued for Transformers. It is located outside the scare zone (which is called chill-out zone). The Transformers queue also took long, almost 1 hour I think, but it is really worth the wait. Three of us gave two thumbs up for its amazing effects.

Afte Transformers, we watched Demoncracy Show at the big stage. I actually could not see the show due to the crowd, but at a glance I guess it is how someone was tortured in hell. Then we went to watch Jack's Nightmare Circus at 11.45, but there was no more seat left in the theatre, so we had to wait for the next show at 1.15. We passed by the first scare zone again. Just when I thought I would not scream anymore in this zone, another girl zombie walked past me, reached her hands to me and said 'help meeee'. I almost got a heart attack. It is what I hate from HHN from being really dark: I could not tell which one is visitor and which one is the scare actor.

We then went to Mel's Drive-In Cafe to have some snacks. We bought Chicken Fingers with Mel's Special Sauce ($6) and Mel's Chocolate Milkshake ($4.50). Despite the bright light inside the cafe, the show must go on. Those zombies came in and interrupted our snacking session. The super innocent me thought that they were having a break and were going to some food in the cafe. I forgot this cafe was still located in the scare zone area.

Chicken fingers and chocolate milkshake at Mel's Drive In. My milkshake was yummy but it was too thick - I could barely suck it haha.

We entered the second scare zone, which was Canyon of the Cursed. For me, this zone was the scariest. The scare actors were more active, they chased me here and there. Even when I had already run away, they still chased me and growled at me. After this part, I realized that to prevent being scared by the scare actors, you just needed to approach them first for photo-taking (they will accept this and will not scare you, but you need to do this right when you see them - do it quickly before they know your existence). In this scare zone, we played Revenge of the Mummy, which surprisingly got short queue only.

The last scare zone is Scary Tales, where our favorite fairy tale characters like Rapunzel and Red Riding Hood turned into savage predators. I wanted to try Alien's LAB haunted house (idk why I suddenly wanted to try), but the waiting time was freakin' 3 hours so we decided to skip it.

I bought jello shot which looks like injection. Cute right? Haha. 

Finally, we returned to Pantage Hollywood Theatre and watched Jack's Nightmare Circus (managed to get the seat yayyy) at 1.15am. It was not scary at all, I think it was funny instead haha. At around 2am, we went out from USS and queued for cab back home. We were standing in the queue for an hour, reached home at around 3.15 and went hibernating :)

Comments

Popular Posts