Nando's, Singapore

When someone mentions Nando's, the first thing to cross my mind will be their chicken. Yup, Nando's is a global food chain better known for its grilled chicken and peri-peri sauce. Even though Nando's sounds Spanish, peri-peri chicken is actually a Mozambique-Portuguese dish.

Bottomless Coke - $3.90
Beside Coke, there are some other selections you can choose like lemon tea, Sprite and Fanta. The staffs were attentive enough to refill our drinks.

Side Salad - $4 (regular size)
I was trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle by ordering this salad. You know what, I regretted ordering this as I did not like it at all. Step healthy failed lol.

Saucy Chicken Rice Bowl - $9.90
It turned out to be a kind of butter rice with some carrots, green peas and corn. However, being called butter rice, the rice was ironically not buttery enough for me. The boneless chicken strips were dry. I frankly think it is not value for money at all. Skip this and go for the Peri-Peri chicken!

1/4 Peri-Peri Chicken - $15.90
No visit to Nando's is complete without trying out their signature Peri-Peri chicken! The chicken comes in quarter, half and whole size. A quarter chicken meal allows you to have 2 sides (choose from potato wedges, fries, corn-on-the-cob, coleslaw, garlic bread, spicy rice and Mediterranean rice) or 1 Fino side (choose from side salad, spinach, grilled vegetables and sweet potato mash). I went with potato wedges and Mediterranean rice. The chicken was succulent and had nice seasoning. For the sauce, you can opt for your desired spiciness level: lemon and herb (non-spicy), mild, hot, and extra hot. I usually go with mild as I find the spiciness just right for my liking and tongue capability haha. Bottles of Peri-Peri sauce in various level of spiciness are also available on every table.

Rainbow Cake - $5.90
Nando's version has a brighter color than other rainbow cakes, making it look photogenic. Every layer has different flavor too. However, behind the pretty appearance the cake was unremarkable as it was so dry and the buttercream tasted cheapo. I will not order this next time although I love rainbow cake so much.

I highly recommend Nando's for their great chicken. I have heard that Nando's has been known for their slow, unfriendly service, but I did not encounter any problem with their service that time. The staffs were friendly and our glass of water was refilled promptly.

-

1 Vista Exchange Green, #B1-09
The Star Vista
Singapore 138876
+65-66940630
IG: nandossg
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts