Monster Curry + Paris Baguette Cafe, Singapore

One thing that draws people's attention to Monster Curry is probably their display of monster-sized plate containing various types of Japanese curry. Monster Curry itself claims to be the biggest Japanese curry in Singapore. One day, my friend and I decided to try Monster Curry at ION Orchard.

Monster Combo Curry - $27.80
How could we miss out their monster curry? We opted for the combo curry to share, consisting of pork katsu, fried fish, pork shabu-shabu, shrimp tempura and cheese. It was seriously a huge-ass plate! We can pick the level of spiciness from 1 flame (normal hot) to 5 flame (monster hot). We picked 1 flame and at the end, I got rid of the chili sauce for my friend lol. I like how they put the grated cheese generously. I had no complain for all those fried stuffs - they were all yummy and not oily.

A gentle reminder for you: don't dare having one plate of monster curry alone! If you come alone, I advise you to get a personal-sized one. Apart from 7% GST, they also implement 10% service charge, which I think is unnecessary since they only provide very little service. They only serve the food to our table, while order and payment are to be done by ourselves at the counter.

-

Monster Curry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 Orchard Turn, #B4-52
ION Orchard
Singapore 238801
+65-65094555
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10pm


-

After lunch, we went to Paris Baguette to get some dessert. Paris Baguette is a bakery-cafe that serves bread, cakes, salad and drink. If you think it is a French bakery, you are wrong - in fact, Paris Baguette is originated from South Korea. As I had heard so much rave about its Royal Pudding, I decided to try it. It comes in various flavor like original, mango, caramel, strawberry and chocolate.

Left : Original Royal Pudding - $4
This pudding is not literally 'pudding' as the texture is like soy beancurd but creamier. It tasted sweet and silky smooth. On the bottom of the glass, there is caramelized sugar that tasted like gula melaka. Stir it up for maximum satisfaction. The pudding itself is milk flavored and it has caramel sauce at the bottom. The Royal Pudding is really ROYAL. Somemore, you can reuse the glass bottle to keep water or other things haha.

Right : Chocolate Royal Pudding - $4.50
The chocolate flavor was nothing outstanding. I could not really taste the chocolate.

Left : Mango Royal Pudding - $4.50
I don't usually like mango pudding, but this one was quite good for me.

I super love their Royal Pudding. It would be much better if the bottle was bigger, because I find that spending $4 to $4.50 for a small bottle is tad pricey hehe. No trip to Paris Baguette is complete without trying their signature Royal Pudding. Have you got one?

-

2 Orchard Turn, #B1-15B
ION Orchard
Singapore 238801
+65-62352434
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts