[Outlet Closed] Bangkok Jam, Singapore

I was randomly craving for Thai food that night and my friend agreed to eat at Bangkok Jam for our dinner. We asked one of the staff if we could sit on the sofa and she said yes. We were seated and were given the menu. When we were looking at the menu, suddenly another staff came and told us that the seat we were sitting on was already reserved and he asked us to move to another vacant seat located in a secluded corner of the restaurant. He did request us to move politely, but still, I was a bit upset that I had to move when I had already seated comfortably haha.

Thai Milk Tea - $5.90
The drink was a bit diluted. Not a good Thai tea IMO.

Aep Gai - $13.90
When his order came, my friend got dumbfounded. "Like this only?", he said sarcastically. It came as an ala carte, so he ordered an additional bowl of white rice for a buck. In the menu, this dish was described as 'Chiang Mai style grilled curried minced chicken wrapped in banana leaves'. I tried a spoonful and oh my, it tasted so weird! The appearance looked like Indonesian pepesbut I'm pretty sure pepes tasted better than this. I don't think it is worth the price. Sometimes being too adventurous could lead to disappointment. I suggested him to order dishes that had photo in the menu next time haha.

Khao Na Gai - $12.90
Truthfully I don't have much knowledge about Thai food, so I tend to play safe when going to a Thai restaurant. I ordered honey sesame chicken with Thai jasmine rice. This dish tasted like sweet and sour chicken with onion, red and green bell pepper. The rice was very little in portion though.

Phad Kra Prow Gai - $12.90
It is minced chicken with basil, served with Thai jasmine rice and sunny side up egg. Compared to the previous dish, I think this one was more worth ordering. Portion was big with heap of minced chicken, but unfortunately it was lacking in basil taste.

Overall, the food what we had for dinner was okay, but not exceptional. Service-wise, it was good, I must say. All the staffs were polite and always put smiles on their faces. They were prompt and attentive as well (calling them to refill the plain water was not a big deal).

-

501 Orchard Road, #02-04/05
Wheelock Place
Singapore 238880
+65-68360989
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts