Alltime Buns, Surabaya

Retro or 90's style has arguably become a fad among Indonesian millenials in the past 2 years. This includes fashion, music, and no exception in F&B. Joining the trend as a new kid in the block is Alltime Buns, an American-style diner on Jalan Tunjungan. Here I’m proudly telling you that I have always been a sucker for retro-themed cafe. Thus, when Alltime Buns first appeared in my social medias, I only had one thought: I need to go there!


You definitely cannot miss Alltime Buns with its striking retro storefront, which seems to be a popular photo-taking spot among the youngsters (including me hehe).



Alltime Buns is decked in a retro-inspired seats and decorations. The menu offerings are American fast food favorites like burger, hot dog and shake. Similar to any other fast food concept, you have to order at the cashier and they will give you a pager that beeps when your order is ready to collect.

French Fries - IDR25,000
I loved that the fries were crispy like how they should be, and most importantly, it did not make me feel like eating salt on its own.

Con Carne Fries - IDR35,000
On the pic above, Con Carne Fries is the one loaded with meat sauce and beans. Honestly, the meat sauce was similar to pasta Bolognese sauce, but hey, it was still delicious.

Chickpotle - IDR45,000
As the name implies, the burger contains chicken and Chipotle sauce. The crispy chicken thigh was smacked together with lettuce, pickles, onions and mayonnaise in between buns that were just a tad dry. The meat was adequately juicy, and even though the burger did not really look appetizing, it tasted okay in general.

Chicken Pastrami - IDR42,000
Ordered this since I was craving for Subway-like sandwiches, but their rendition did not impress me. I mean it was not bad, it was just not particularly exciting. Despite containing pesto as state on the menu, I could not trace the hint of pesto even a single bit. The bread was rather hard and the meat could be more succulent.

I initially wanted to try their shakes, only to be told they were unavailable that day. So yea, all I got was canned Coke *sad*. If you ask me if I will ever come back, I will say no. But still, I love how the entire place gave me a temporal illusion of being in the USA haha. Well if you are keen to try, I would recommend you to go on a weekday or during off-peak hours to avoid the crowd.

-

Jl. Tunjungan 26
Surabaya, Indonesia 60275
+628133334199
Opening hours: 11am - 9pm (Tue - Sun)
Closed on Mon

Comments

Popular Posts