Backhouse Coffee, Surabaya

Backhouse is an establishment opened at East Village, next to SPBU Shell Kertajaya Indah. It recently joined Pigmalion as a newly-opened F&B tenant there (I'm guessing East Village will become a new hot place for F&B in the east). Backhouse shares the same premise with Pigmalion, so you can actually order food from Pigmalion while enjoying coffees from Backhouse.




Beer bottle Christmas tree from Pigmalion side lol


Mocha - IDR35,000
I found it quite nicely executed, as you could not go too wrong with mocha.

Below: Classic Croissant - IDR25,000
I paired my mocha with the classic butter croissant, which I asked the staff to reheat. Despite so, it still did not come in warm condition. Having tried Redback's croissant before — which I could declare as one of the best in Surabaya, my benchmark was set pretty high for Backhouse's (considering it ain't cheap too). Well, the croissant was a bit on the dry side and it became soggy when I left it for quite some time to take pics.

Above: Pain au Chocolat - IDR32,000
My friend ordered this, only to find a very little amount of chocolate inside. It was quite a disappointment haha.

Overall, I was not impressed by the coffee and pastries at Backhouse, sorry to say. The food options are also limited (this is understandable considering that the cafe is new), hopefully they will increase over time so Backhouse can become a go-to brunch spot for people in the area.

-

East Village, Jl. Kertajaya Indah 174
Surabaya, Indonesia 60117
Opening hours: 6am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts