Ombe Kofie, Surabaya

Yay, I'm pleased to tell you my fellow Surabayans, that Ombe Kofie has now opened its door in our beloved city! But another coffee shop when we are already saturated with third-wave coffee shops? Hehe there can never be enough - I tell you what, Ombe Kofie is known to offer coffee drinking experience you cannot find anywhere else. If you are a coffee aficionado or an avid cafe-hopper, the name of this Jakarta-origin coffee shop should have crossed in your mind at least once. I guarantee you will get the good stuff.




Ombe at Opak is spacious and decked out soft tones, potted greenery and light wood furnishings. It opens as early as 8am, and it was fairly quiet when we came there at 9am. The place started to fill up at around 10am though. The staff also informed me that we were given 1.5 hours to dine, starting from the time our orders were taken. Not sure if this was a regular policy or they only imposed it during the opening weeks.

Did I mention that the staffs and baristas were all super friendly? One of them even let us 'take over' the bar area for picture taking lol (oh how I miss my past experience of being a barista at work).




Sparkling Water - IDR25,000
No comment, just fizzy water haha.

Regular White - IDR37,000
My gastric acid was problematic that day so I asked them to reduce the espresso content and surprisingly the drink was still equally good. Given the coffee culture at this place, they surely master the art of catering to every need without compromising the quality.

Hanami Latte - IDR45,000
Iced latte with a hint of strawberry, which was nice and refreshing.


Aglio Olio Pasta with Bacon - IDR60,000
The presentation was simple and clean. The taste was okay with tinges of garlic and slight spiciness. Downsides, it was a tad on the saltier side and a little bit too oily for me.

Three Egg Omellete - IDR60,000
It is essentially omelette made from three pieces of egg, guaranteed to make you feel stuffed haha. The egg was a little dry though.


Pork Belly Rice - IDR70,000
Heard it was one of their favorite dishes. The exterior was so crispy that I could hear the crackling sound. I love its meat-to-fat ratio, which was just right. The hearty portion also makes a good fit for those with ravenous appetite.

Overall, Ombe Kofie is a relaxing place to pass time and can be a good workplace for those work-from-home folks. I will drop by again for more of their coffee (without cutting off the caffeine of course) and for sure, the pork belly.

-

Jl. Opak 52
Surabaya, Indonesia 60241
+6282122226552
Opening hours: 8am - 9pm

Comments

Popular Posts