Random Eats: January - March 2020

Item: Black Boba La Creme - IDR35,000
Location: Black Dragon (Grand City, Surabaya)
Their boba was okay but not really my preference. Couldn't really taste the torched cream though.

Item: Original Cheese Tea - IDR16,000 (regular size)
Location: Koma (Grand City, Surabaya)
Costing merely IDR16,000, I think it was quite a steal. The tea was fragrant and the cheese was silky smooth. Yum!

Item: Tokyo Belly Classic Ramen - IDR38,000
Location: Tokyo Belly (Tunjungan Plaza 3, Surabaya)
I rarely eat ramen if it is not pork-based. But I was randomly craving for ramen that day, and since Tokyo Belly only had chicken ramen, I had no choice but to get one. The chicken meat was tender and there was a hint of smokiness. The broth was a tad too salty, but I particularly loved the noodle which was chewy and springy.

Item: Mix Fruit Parfait - IDR25,000
Location: Tokyo Belly (Tunjungan Plaza 3, Surabaya)
It was a refreshing dessert, except that I would prefer to have it with froyo instead of vanilla softee.

Item: Royal Coconut Iced Coffee - IDR20,000 (regular size)
Location: Fi:ka Kedai Kafi (Tunjungan Plaza 3, Surabaya)
I was temped to try it coz they marketed this drink as a famous Korean drink. Really? I had never heard of it before though. Anyway, it was a mix of coffee, milk, and some sort of coconut cream/milk, which lent a unique and creamy taste that got me addicted.

Item: Dirty Brown Sugar Boba Milk - IDR28,000
Location: She Brews (Jl. Raya Dinoyo, Surabaya)
It turned out to be less sweet than expected. You cannot really taste the brown sugar unless you really stir it well.

Item: PPC Sampler - IDR35,000
Location: Paper Cup Coffee (Jl. Kayoon, Surabaya)
You will get waffle potato, fries and fried money bag in one bucket. Mediocre but well-executed dish, perfect for sharing.

Item: Mixed Berries Pie - IDR12,727
Location: McDonald's (Jl. Manyar Kertoarjo, Surabaya)
It is a mix of blueberry, raspberry and strawberry jam. There was no chunks of real fruit in it, but it was still enjoyable, especially when served hot.

Item: Salted Egg Chicken with Rice - IDR20,000 (regular size)
Location: Salthings (Plaza Madiun, Madiun)
The chicken contained so little meat. fried with well-seasoned crispy batter. The salted egg sauce suited my palate well, presenting the right level of thickness and creaminess. Important note, what you got did worth the price as the portion was fulfilling and the chicken chunks were served generously. Just like how most of us would wish, it surely came with sunny side up on top, whose wellness level would be your choice. Mine was half-done, and it did come with that perfectly runny yolk, so I could enjoy that heavenly moment it melted on my chicken chunks and mixed well with the overall dish. Yum yum! It was too spicy for my tolerance. I have threw away the chili bits but apparently it got mixed with the sauce already *sobs*.

Item: Paket Mi - IDR17,000
Location: Geprek Si Non (Plaza Madiun, Madiun)
Only tried a spoonful of it and I eventually gave up as the spiciness was too fiery for my tolerance. The chicken was just so so.

Item: Original Thai Tea - IDR10,000
Location: Dum Thai Tea (Plaza Madiun, Madiun)
It was not 'gao' enough and it tasted like normal milk tea without an accent of red tea in it.

Comments

Popular Posts