Bakerzin, Surabaya

Bakerzin is not a new name to me - in fact I have known it since I was in primary school and I had visited it a few times. Bakerzin is a Singapore-grown cafe that (initially) focuses on desserts. Recently I dropped by its outlet in Pakuwon Mall for some sweet treats. My impression of Bakerzin as a confectionery store and cafe was changed when I flipped through their menu book and saw that they had heavy meals too.

Latte - IDR37,000
Despite being a cafe, I feel that coffee is not really Bakerzin’s forte. The cuppa was far off those from specialty coffee shops. The latte was too foamy, too milky and a bit over extracted.


Cappuccino Coffee Jelly - IDR29,500
To me it was too milky (again, similar to the latte) but the amount of coffee jelly inside was satisfying.

Chocolate Amer - IDR45,000
If you are a chocoholic who can't get enough of chocolate, Bakerzin's Chocolate Amer is an ideal option for you. It is made up of chocolate mousse and chocolate sponge cake layers. The size is just right for one person and it was not overly sweet unlike typical chocolate cakes which could make you get a little sick of it after awhile. One thing I found disturbing was the decoration on top which looked like poo to me haha.


Left: Cookies & Cream Macaron - IDR13,000
Right: Green Tea Macaron - IDR13,000
The macaron shell was crispy and slightly chewy. The cookies and cream macaron tasted more like creamy milk with a rather faint hint of Oreo. As for the green tea one, it was awesome. The matcha was fragrant and bold in flavor.

I really enjoyed the sweet treats at Bakerzin (not too much for the coffee though), and for sure I have to try their main course next time. The desserts are quite costly in price, but I think it is okay to indulge once in a while hehe. It is a great choice to dine at if you are looking for laid-back and cozy ambiance, or simply to satisfy your dessert crave.

-

Pakuwon Mall, Ground Floor
Jl. Mayjen Yono Soewoyo 2
Surabaya, Indonesia 60227
+6231-99147299
Opening hours: 11am - pm

Comments

Popular Posts