LOWCAL Kitchen & Salad, Malang

Hello readers! I'm back in Malang again and I happened to visit a specialty salad place in town called Lowcal. It is located on Jl. Terusan Dieng, just a stone-throw away from Malang City Point and Cyber Mall. The Lowcal signage is not very visible from the outside - if you see Goodwill sign, Lowcal is located on the left side of this furniture shop.


The place might be small but it looks very Instagrammable. There is also smoking area at the back. Of course I chose to sit indoor since Malang ain't cold at all anymore.


This is what brought me to LOWCAL. I actually saw some my friends 'grammed' this beautiful backdrop. Without hesitation, I then put LOWCAL in my Malang bucketlist. I just love neon sign a little bit too much hehe.

Ice Lemon Tea - IDR17,700
It tasted refreshing but too bland for me liking. Adding sugar syrup did not even help.

Call Me Baby - IDR21,900
Nothing beats having a glass of cold smoothie on a hot day, so I got myself this 'Call Me Baby' which consisted of strawberry, banana, pineapple and yogurt. I requested them to exclude the pineapple. Unfortunately, the smoothie was diluted and lacked creaminess that I expected from a yogurt-based smoothie. It did contain tiny strawberry seeds inside though, indicating that they used REAL fruits for the drink.

California Salad - 29,700
This salad is perhaps inspired from California roll. It consists of lettuce, cucumber, crabstick, avocado, cherry tomato, macaroni salad and tobiko on top. It was very simple - something I could easily whip up at home.

Caesar Salad - IDR32,900
I was initially interested in their 'Create Your Own Salad' option, but I altered my mind as soon as I found Caesar salad in the menu. The salad looks more colorful compared to other Caesar salad in other places. The salad was quite substantial with the presence of grilled chicken. They need to put more dressing on the salad coz I found the whole dish too dry.

Overall, Lowcal Kitchen & Salad is the right place to 'eat clean' in Malang. The price might not be cheap for Malang standard, but the quality of ingredients and ambiance have made up for it. Soooo, have you had your greens today?

-

Jl. Terusan Dieng 39
Malang, Indonesia 65115
+6287877175505
IG: lowcal.kitchensalad
Opening hours: 11am - 9pm (Mon - Fri) // 11am - 10pm (Sat - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts