[Closed] Giggle Box, Surabaya

The name Giggle Box ain't something new to me. It has opened in Surabaya quite some time ago and this cafe is very popular in its origin, Bandung. After Darmo, Giggle Box has opened its second outlet at Marvell City, which excited me to try as the place is much more accessible to me. The place doesn't look very bright from outside - it actually looks shabby but also girly. Too bad we had secluded seat next to the kitchen window.

Hot English Breakfast Tea - IDR13,000
The beverages here are affordably priced, unlike most cafes that set IDR25,000 and above. The assortment of tea here is supplied by Dilmah. It brewed quickly and it was packed with richness that was strong but not overpowering. For a tea with such high standard, it was affordably priced at IDR13,000.

Ice Caffe Latte - IDR22,000
The ice latte was served separately with the sugar syrup which allowed me to adjust the sweetness level according to my preference. The foam was too thick (as thick as cappuccino foam), and the coffee blend was milder than those in real coffee shops.

Shirley Temple Fried Rice - IDR35,000
The rice is fried with corned beef, served with grated cheese, fried egg, fried sausages, pickles and keropok. My cousin said the portion was too huge for her to finish alone. The taste was alright, nothing special.

Chicken Cordon Bleu - IDR35,000
The chicken was served with fries and Hokben-style salad. I was supposed to see melted cheese oozing out when I cut the chicken meat, but in fact I saw none. In short, it was not cheesy enough. The chicken meat was quite tender but it tasted too floury as a result of thick batter. The fries was crispy and adequately salted though - it complemented the meat very well.

It was an okay visit overall. I find their food quite value for money as it comes in big serving. However, the food is too mediocre to come back for, unless I really have nowhere left to eat haha.

-

Marvell City Mall, Ground Floor
Jl. Raya Ngagel 123
Surabaya, Indonesia 60246
+6281803282930
IG: gigglebox_indonesia
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts