Fat Choi, Surabaya

Fat Choi is a noodle restaurant on Jl. Sulawesi where Ikan Bakar Cianjur was previously located. I always passed by this restaurant on the way home from work, so one day I decided to give it a try. It is a nice place to dine in a cozy and comfortable setting. The place is very spacious, perfect for family or group dinner.





This neon sign represents me so well haha

The cutlery is 'hidden' under the table

The condiments

Chinese Tea - IDR10,000
The Chinese tea is refillable and it comes in an elegant mug.


Plain Noodle - IDR16,000
I got myself a bowl of plain noodle because I wanted to pair it with ala carte wonton. The noodles here are handmade, proven by its soft yet chewy texture. In some ways, it actually resembles instant noodle with thicker width. The downside is perhaps the lack of seasoning.

Won Ton - IDR12,000
Talking about comfort food at its simplest. The wonton was stuffed with juicy meat (guessed it was shrimp?) and when I bit it, the meat provided a nice crunch. Once again, the soup was rather tasteless, but it did not really matter to me.


Fat Choi Mien - IDR35,000
This is Fat Choi's specialty menu - noodle with minced pork, pork belly and pork lard bits. It is a very porky dish! The pork belly had a good balance of fats and meat which melted in my mouth. Recommended for pork lovers!


Overall, Fat Choi serves unpretentious noodle dish with good taste and reasonable price. I like how they keep their food simple but well-executed. Furthermore, it is located close to my house so there is no reason to not return here anytime soon haha.

-

Jl. Sulawesi 54
Surabaya, Indonesia 60281
+6231-5015252
IG: fatchoinoodle
Opening hours: 9am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts