Captain Hood, Surabaya

Captain Hood is a new home-grown fast food joint in Surabaya. It sells the all time favorite fried chicken and fish, so I would say the concept is pretty similar to Long John Silver's. This establishment joint is owned by Mannara Group, home of famous F&B joints in Surabaya such as My Kopi-O, Bentoya, Baba Rafi, Warung Leko and X.O.

Yay to free-flow sauce! You can get tomato, chili, cheese and tartar sauces from the condiment counter as they are put in squeeze bottles. This way, you will not hear the staff bitching about you asking for extra sauce lol. Free-flow thing is always good, but remember not to take excessively!

Skin Fries - IDR13,636
Pretty much tasted like frozen chicken skin, but it was addictive. Chicken skin is always irresistible, no?

Included in the set menu is only varieties of iced syrup with different flavors. We got strawberry and honey yuzu flavors. To be honest I dislike the drinks here. The syrup tasted very artificial and it had overly sweet flavor which was irritating.

Captain's Chicken 1 - IDR20,909
This set comes with a piece of fried chicken (breast part), rice and drink. I like the batter as it was quite crispy, although the chicken meat was a bit dry. The chicken was already salty on itself too so it was fine to eat without additional sauce.

Captain at Bali - IDR33,636
For a Western-Indonesian fusion, go for this sambal matah chicken. Sambal matah is Balinese traditional sambal made of raw shallot and lemongrass. I thought the sambal was already very spicy, whereas my brother said the spiciness was just mild to his liking.

Captain's Fish 2 - IDR36,363
I wanted to have the fish the LJS way (damn I miss LJS so much!), so I changed the rice to fries by adding an extra IDR5,000. The fish was not very warm when served but the fries was freshly fried upon order. The batter was equally crispy like the chicken, while the fish meat was tender. I also like that the fish did not have fishy smell that would turn me off.

Overall, the meal was well-executed and the service was good and polite. The price is super value for money too, making it a popular family and youngster eat-out spot. Now I know where to go to when I miss Long John Silver's hehe.

-

Jl. Raya Gubeng 66
Surabaya, Indonesia 60281
+6231-5025500
Opening hours: 9am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts