[Closed] Good Taste, Surabaya

Hello salted egg chicken lovers in Surabaya, we have got a new place in town! Following the trend of all-things-salted-egg, Good Taste has opened at Galaxy Mall 2 food court. I wonder why they chose 'Good Taste' as the business name though, because there is a salted egg place in Sim Lim Square Singapore called Taste Good. I had tried Taste Good before and it is one of my favorite places in Singapore to get my salted egg chix fix. Not sure if Good Taste is affiliated with Taste Good, but since it' i salted egg chix, no harm trying right? 

Salted Egg Chicken Rice - IDR35,000
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only saw salted egg chicken rice and cereal chicken rice in the menu. Both dishes go at IDR35,000. The portion was filling for the price. Speaking about personal preference, I prefer my sunny side up with runnier yolk. But let's talk about the salted egg, the highlight of this dish. The sauce was delectable with nice consistency and creaminess, if only more curry leaves was present. The salted egg taste was tangible as well. If you could take spicy stuff, you should add some chopped chili on it.

Cereal Chicken Rice - IDR35,000
The best thing about this dish is the buttery cereal bits. Damn sinful! As the chicken was not drenched in sauce like the salted egg one, my sense of taste could feel the texture better. The chicken meat was not of amazing quality, but it was covered with generous amount of cereal (it was really a lot, even my brother was willing to share it with me haha). The chicken was crispy and good to pair with the sugary cereal.

Overall, Good Taste is such one great discovery, and I definitely have a reason to revisit it whenever I'm around. They serve yummy, unpretentious chicken dish (so far, I think Good Taste's salted egg chicken rice is the one I like best in town, at least the taste is the closest to Taste Good). If you are on a hunt of good salted egg chix in Surabaya, you definitely have to drop by.

-

Galaxy Mall 2, 3rd Floor
Jl. Dharmahusada Indah Timur 35-37
Surabaya, Indonesia 60115
+6281237301122
IG: goodtaste.sby
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts