[Closed] Sobriety Cafe & Bar, Surabaya

If you are someone who enjoys drinking, bar-hopping, or spending nights with your cliques, I'm pretty sure this place will attract you. Please welcome Sobriety Cafe & Bar! Being centrally located on Jl. Raya Gubeng, it is not a big deal finding this place. You will see a black-colored house on your right with a big 'Sobriety' sign.



The moment you step into Sobriety, you will be greeted by a dark alley with pink neon signs. Get your camera ready guys!




They have smoking and non-smoking areas, but I heard that even smokers were allowed to smoke in non-smoking area at night! Anyway, I came in the afternoon and there was no smoker in sight.

Organique Mineral Water - IDR20,000
I seriously hate cafes that only sell 'atas' mineral water! This is definitely overpriced at IDR20,000. Ugh, why don't they provide Aqua or at least serve plain water in a glass?!

Lavender Yuzu Tea - IDR28,000
I could not find a single hint of lavender in this drink. It tasted just like iced lemon tea with very weak yuzu taste. 


Truffle Fries - IDR35,000
Not the best version of truffle fries imho as the truffle oil was not spread evenly. Nevertheless, the fries was crispy and the serving was rather satisfying for two.

Pepperoni Pizza - IDR92,000
My brother and I decided to go mainstream and opted for this pepperoni pizza, which featured 6 pieces of pork pepperoni as a source of protein. The crust itself was a bit thick with slight crispy texture. The pepperoni was soooo salty! I had to eat it with tomato sauce to neutralize the taste.

All in all, I was not very impressed with the food at Sobriety. The food and drinks are pricey, but I guess you are partially paying for the ambiance. I might revisit this place in the future, most likely to drink out with my friends on a Friday or Saturday night.

-

Jl. Raya Gubeng 29
Surabaya, Indonesia 60281
+6231-5013000
Opening hours: 11am - 12am (Mon - Wed & Sun) // 11am - 2am (Thu - Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts