[Closed] Tanggal Tua, Surabaya

Hello guys! How did you spend this Hari Raya long holiday? Me, umm I just stayed in this lovely city of Surabaya, enjoying the scenery of empty streets and closed shops haha. Of course I couldn't let this holiday pass without doing some cafe-hopping, but as you know it is rare to find cafes that were open during holiday. Tanggal Tua seemed to be one of those few cafes, so I decided to give it a visit. Tanggal Tua is how people, especially youngsters call 'the approaching end of the month' whereby we have yet to receive our salary yet our pocket money gets lesser lol.



Tanggal Tua is a 2-storey cafe with ample seating and cheerful ambiance. When I came at around 1pm it was still quiet and I could easily pick my seat on the first floor. They also have some seats in the terrace for smokers.


Since the second floor was empty I could freely take pics without anyone looking at me suspiciously haha


Caffe Latte - IDR19,800
I wanted something warm so I ordered this hot latte. The presentation was pretty attractive and it was filled to brim. Speaking about the coffee, sorry to say it was horrible. I was not sure if it was the coffee bean that went wrong or what. After all, you really could nit expect much from IDR20,000 coffee.

Mie Bakar Ayam - IDR20,800
Tanggal Tua's signature dish is mie bakar (grilled noodle). It is Indomie wrapped in banana leaf and then grilled, topped with shredded chicken, sliced omelette and sambal kemangi (basil chili paste). We can choose our preferred level of spiciness whereby my bro got the level 2. It burnt my mouth already and made me sweaty. If you like something spicy and smokey, this is the dish you should order.


Mie Sosis Bakar - IDR16,800
Since I could not take spicy food, I ordered normal fried Indomie with grilled sausage and fried egg. As usual, Indomie never fails. The sausage slices were too few though, they were also too thinly sliced and rather burnt.

Double Trouble - IDR22,800
For the dessert, they got this shaved ice thingy. It was a bit tricky to eat and I did not know how to begin. The ice cream almost fell down when I started scraping the shaved ice, but I ended up enjoying this dessert. The amount of chocolate pudding was generous hehe.

Overall, I personally think Tanggal Tua did not really stand out in terms of food taste and variety. One thing to like about this place is its relatively cheap price. The place also looks nice to take pics, but if I were asked to re-visit again, I would say no thanks haha.

-

Jl. Raya Prapen 23
Surabaya, Indonesia 60239
+6231-99013297
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm (Mon - Fri & Sun) // 11am - 11pm (Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts