Livingstone Cafe & Bakery + [Closed] Lycklig, Bali

Exploring cafes in Bali is a never ending thing to do! This time round, I tried another Instagrammers-pick cafe: Livingstone Cafe & Bakery. Livingstone is situated next to Kokonut Suites. It occupies the first floor of a 2-storey building - the second floor is owned by another eatery, Faculty Kitchen & Bar. Besides cafe, Livingstone is also a bakery - you will see bread displays on your left near the main entrance (psst, make sure to try their ever-popular watermelon-shaped bread).



The area is spacious, no need to worry that people sitting next to your table will overheard your conversation. The use of glass wall allows the sun ray to get in - it was very bright that even a staff had to pull down the curtain to reduce the brightness haha.

Iced Chocolate - IDR35,000
Well, Korte is a well-known chocolate drink brand in Indonesia, so it is guaranteed to please all chocolate lovers out there! I love every single slurp of it - it remained rich even after the ice cubes had melted down.


Chicken Pesto - IDR75,000
There is no breakfast menu like egg benedict of big breakkie here. They only have light bites, main course, pasta, sandwiches and burgers which are quite pricey for cafe: starting from IDR50,000. I chose to get some pasta since I had not eaten my breakfast yet. You can opt for spaghetti, tagliatelle or penne. I had penne to avoid the messiness of eating long-strain pasta lol. I had to admit, the serving was seriously huge that I could not finish it by myself (just so you know, I came with an empty, growling tummy). Anyway, it was good in taste. The herb was strong and the grilled chicken slices were generous as well, topped with crumbed feta cheese which gave a unique touch to the whole dish.

This place is really comfortable to chill the whole day, be it alone or with a group of friends. The food is slightly overpriced, but okay lah, at least the serving is huge. Service was decent, however, some staffs needed to look more approachable by putting a smile on their faces.

-

Jl. Petitenget 88
Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia 80361
+62361-4735949
Opening hours: 7am - 10pm



-

I continued my journey to Lycklig for some dessert. Lycklig is a nitrogen ice cream parlour located on Jl. Petitenget. By the way, Lycklig is located on an alley, but it is relatively easy to find as you would see Lycklig signage from the main road. The place looks catchy from outside with bright yellow color.




I love the interior, it looks so cheerful and bright with cute doodles on the walls. Actually here we can create our own ice cream mix, but when I came there this option was not available, and they only had medium and large sizes.


Rice Bubble Nutella - IDR40,000 (medium size)
I wanted to have something chocolatey thus I picked this Rice Bubble Nutella. The making process did not take long - my ice cream was ready to serve in a short while. The medium cup was layered with a large-sized cup containing some dry ice inside to keep the ice cream chilled. This Rice Bubble Nutella was made with hazelnut-based ice cream, too bad the hazelnut flavor was not strong enough for my liking. It is served with a tiny Nutella injection and topped off with Nutella spread (which was hardened and looked like poop lol). There were also some rice crispies which complemented the ice cream perfectly, giving a crunchy sensation to the mouth.

I don't mind coming back to try more of Lycklig's flavors. The place was cute-looking, comfortable, and the staffs were friendly to me. I wondered why this place was empty - in fact they had good ice cream and the price is not very expensive either (compared to other N2O gelato ice cream shops with above IDR40,000 price tag). Oh ya, they also provide free plain water to cleanse your throat after eating the sweet ice cream.

Know what is similar between my day-offs and this ice cream? They both don't last long :(

-

Gang Cempaka 4
Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak
Bali, Indonesia 80361
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts