Random Eats: April - June 2017

Item: Chicago Mix - $7 (small size)
Location: Garrett Popcorn (313@Somerset, Singapore)
Every time I pass by Garrett Popcorn, I always get so tempted to buy a packet of popcorn as the smell is just irresistible. My favorite variant here is the Chicago Mix, which consists of caramel and cheese popcorn. The small size is quite big already, but  I always feel 'sayang' to share it haha. The sweetness of caramel and saltiness of cheese blended really well and it made me craving for more! Different from cinema popcorn, Garrett's popcorn is more firm and crunchy. The caramel coating and cheese seasoning were generous as well. If only the price was not that high, I could buy this every day as my daily snack lol.

Item: Classic Ham - $5
Location: Subway (AMK Hub, Singapore)
The best thing about Subway is that we can mix and match the veggie and sauce inside our sandwiches. You can also choose the type of bread, which I chose Italian bread. I got my favorite ham sandwich with lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard sauce. The sandwich tasted delicious and the bread was crispy too.

Item: Lemon Chicken Rice - $4.50
Location: Sedap (VivoCity, Singapore)
It was crispy chicken served with lemon sauce. Although the sauce was very little, it was sweet and lemony with a bitter aftertaste. The rice serving was pretty big. The chicken pieces were unfortunately small and not very crispy.

Item: Mocha Frappuccino - $6 (tall size)
Location: Starbucks (United Square, Singapore)
My mocha frappe was yummy and satisfying. The chocolate flavor was strong and went well with the coffee.

Item: Golden Bubble Milk Tea (medium size) - $3.10
Location: KOI (People's Park Complex, Singapore)
KOI is my favorite bubble tea chain til date! As always, I chose 50% sugar, because I find 70% already too sweet. The golden bubble is also very generous (I think it filled up almost half of the glass). It is soft and you will not get sick of chewing it.

Item: Sea Salt Caramel Cone Top - IDR8,000
Location: McDonald's (Plaza Surabaya, Surabaya)
I Smurf you! This blue ice cream is actually just normal Mac's vanilla soft-serve with blue-colored chocolate coating. The sea salt caramel flavor actually refers to the blue coating. However, I failed to detect any salty flavor here - I could only taste the caramel.


Item: Taro Delight McFlurry with Yam Bites - IDR8,000
Location: McDonald's (Plaza Surabaya, Surabaya)
Besides choco top, the Smurf ice cream edition also comes in McFlurry type. The soft-serve is blended with taro sauce, Oreo and yam bites which are actually taro pillow snacks. It tasted just okay since I ain't a fan of taro.

Item: Hot Latte - IDR30,000
Location: Monopole Coffee Lab (Graha Family, Surabaya)
It was smooth but too bitter for my liking.

Item: Strawberry Smoothies - IDR21,000
Location: SumoBoo (Tunjungan Plaza 4, Surabaya)
It was tooooo watery! The strawberry flavor was weak and the texture was too icy.

Item: Chicken Karaage - IDR25,000 (regular size)
Location: Karaage Kun (Pakuwon Trade Centre, Surabaya)
The chicken karaage comes with all-you-can-pour sauces! My favorite is the cheese one, which matched nicely with the tender crispy chicken.

Item: 4 pcs Pork Xiao Long Bao - IDR25,974
Location: 3.6.9 (Pakuwon Trade Centre, Surabaya)
The skin was not too thick, enough to hold its content. The soup was savory and the pork meat encased inside was well-seasoned.

Item: 6 pcs Original Churro - IDR32,000
Location: El Churro (Pakuwon Mall, Surabaya)
The churros were crispy and not oily, but it tasted slightly doughy. Perfect to eat with the chocolate dip.

Item: Salted Egg Chicken Wing with Rice - IDR25,000
Location: Bites & Co. (Jl. Dharmahusada, Surabaya)
The chicken wings were crispy and the salted egg sauce was quite flavorful. Worth the price paid!

Item: Siomay - IDR19,800
Location: Malay Village (Surabaya Town Square, Surabaya)
It was full of meat but it could be seasoned better.

Comments

Popular Posts