One Eighteenth Coffee, Surabaya

Today I went far south to visit One Eighteenth Coffee. This two-storey cafe stands right opposite the T building of Petra Christian University or better known as UKP (dear my UKP friends, now I know how exhausting it is to commute every day from the city center to campus HAHA). One Eighteenth itself has actually been around since 2015, but I have always been skeptical about student cafes and also, I blame my unwillingness to travel for an hour for food (unless I know it is a very very good food or place). Anyway, here I am (finally) trying out this place. 

This cafe has both smoking and non-smoking areas. The entire first floor is non-smoking while the second floor is divided to smoking and non-smoking. The second floor feels more personal since there is no staff around.


Mochacinno - IDR26,000
I got my usual mocha here, served with a piece of Slai O'lai strawberry biscuit on the side. The coffee was smooth and velvety with a little hint of chocolatey taste.



Salted Egg Chicken with Garlic Butter Rice - IDR26,000
Where else would you get salted egg chicken rice for just IDR26,000?! Even you will not get this stuff any cheaper from bazaar tenants. The portion was filling for my tummy. Most importantly, the salted egg sauce tasted good and it was not too salty. The rice was not garlicky enough, but I love the fragrant buttery taste. Must try!


Overall, for a student cafe, One Eighteenth really fares above my expectation. The food is well-made and the coffee is comparable to those popz cafes in the city center. The price is kept affordable for youngsters too (no GST and service charge yay), and UKP students get special discount by flashing the student ID. However, it might be troublesome for those sitting on the second floor to go downstairs when they need any assistance, as there is no waiting staff there.

-

Jl. Siwalankerto 118
Surabaya, Indonesia 60236
+6281333194820
IG: 118coffee
Opening hours: 10am - 11pm (Mon - Sat) // 2pm - 10pm (Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts