[Closed] Menya Sakura, Surabaya

Menya Sakura, a ramen house from Nagoya, Japan, has finally opened its door in Surabaya, after successfully having a few outlets in Jakarta. When I was going around Pakuwon Mall with my friends, one of them said she was craving for ramen, so I immediately suggested Menya Sakura. The outlet looked small and rather empty that time as it was still 11am.


Tonkotsu Ramen - IDR55,000
I got my usual tonkotsu ramen here. The ramen is made of chosen pork bone which was cooked for hours, resulting in flavorful broth. There were two slices of pork chashu and half soft-boiled egg. The noodle used was the thin type one and it was generously given that I struggled to finish it until the last strand. For maximum enjoyment, don't forget to add some crushed garlic into the ramen. Yum!

Spicy Tsuke-men - IDR75,000
Tsukemen is a kind of dip ramen, so we eat the noodle by dipping it into the broth which is served in a separated bowl and slurp it straight away. The noodle used for tsukemen is thicker than the one for ramen.

Overall, I think the ramen here was NOt bad, but not extraordinary either. There is free and quick wi-fi here, which I really enjoyed as my phone signal has never worked well in this mall. But what a pity, they played Indonesian pop songs like Peterpan's songs instead of J-pop (or Western pop, at least), so it was kinda distracting and it did NOt enhance the ramen dining experience at all. Next, I would love to see Ippudo or Chabuton opens in Surabaya please!

-

Pakuwon Mall, 2nd Floor
Jl. Puncak Indah Lontar 2
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
+6231-99148045
IG: menyasakura
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts