Nakhon Kitchen, Singapore

Nakhon Kitchen is a popular Thai eatery in Singapore. Its reasonable price and delicious food account for the queue formed during lunch and dinner time. One day my friend and I came to Nakhon for early lunch. Thankfully, getting a seat was not a hassle since we came early after it opened. The dining area is non-airconed but the weather was cloudy that time so I did not feel hot.

Thai Iced Tea - $3
It is probably one of the most authentic Thai iced teas I have had so far. The combination of red tea and condensed milk was just refreshing. It was not overly sweet as well.

Left: Black Olive Fried Rice with Minced Chicken - $6
There was nothing special from the fried rice - it tasted just like normal spiced fried rice. The portion was huge, shareable between 2-3 persons.

Right: Phad Thai Noodles - $5
The phad Thai was served without any meat, but it tasted very flavorful. There is a crunchy sensation when you mix it together with the crushed peanut on the side. The overall flavor was a balance of sweet, sour and slightly spicy flavours.

Deep-Fried Chicken with Garlic - $6
Besides chicken, this dish is also available in pork version. This was pretty addictive. The meat was tender and skin was crispy. The garlic flake was the highlight of this dish! The garlic flavor was fragrant but not overwhelming.

Basil Pork Rice - $6
I found this dish worth my $6. It was tasty albeit too spicy for my palate. Anyway, I don't mind hurting my stomach for this (I think this is a bit hyperbolic haha). The serving was very filling as well. Thumbs up!

Overall, Nakhon Kitchen really lives up to its hype. The service was quick and our food arrived shortly despite the place being packed. I'm glad that this place is conveniently located within the neighborhood, so I can pop by anytime if I feel like eating Thai food.

-

212 Hougang Street 21, #01-341
Singapore 530212
+65-62868785
Opening hours: 12pm - 3pm; 5.30pm - 10pm (Mon - Tue & Thu - Sun)
Closed on Wed

Comments

Popular Posts