Funny Pancake & Coffee, Bali

Funny Pancake & Coffee has opened its newest branch in Jimbaran, precisely on Jl. Uluwatu. I had been wanting to eat at Funny Pancake since I passed by its Denpasar branch, but this place had always been crowded and that kinda put me down. Thank God, the Jimbaran branch was less crowded and parking my vehicle was a breeze. The highlight of Funny Pancake is actually the DIY pancake (which shares the similar concept like Slappy Cakes in Singapore whereby we can make our own pancakes on a griddle and decorate it with various toppings of our choice), but this time I would just get their a la carte menu. Anyway, Funny Pancake claimed to be the first place in Bali to have this DIY pancake thing.


Classic Breakfast - IDR60,000
This breakfast set is available daily from 8.30am to 11.30am. The set includes 2 pancakes, your choice of egg, your choice of meat (bacon, ham or sausage) and drink (coffee, tea, chocolate or fruit juice). The pancakes were fluffy and soft - they were to my liking but I got too full and could not finish them. The beef sausages were just okay.

The iced chocolate tasted like chocolate milk. It was not bad but not so good either.

The breakfast set came with a plate of sliced fruits too. I got sliced watermelon and melon, which were refreshing enough.


Nasi Goreng Ayam + Sunny Side Up - IDR26,000
The fried rice here comes inside a jar, which they refer to as a shaker (they claim to be the first one to create this innovation). You are supposed to shake it well before eating. I did not get the point of this shaker thingy. The fried rice was actually ready to eat without having to shake it beforehand lol. It tasted quite nice though. I also added a sunny side up egg on the side for an extra IDR6,000.


Choco Snickers Freak Shake - IDR40,000
I had already got the savory pancake, so to substitute the sweet one, I got myself this freak shake (in other word, I had this shake as dessert). With the same amount of sugar, this shake consists of chocolate milkshake, Snickers, Ovomaltine, choco whipped cream, and grilled marshmallow. Sinfully good, that's all my comment about this shake.

Overall, the food here was not bad but it could be improved more. I will obviously return for their calorie-loaded freak shake! Oh ya, don't forget follow their Instagram account because they have special discount almost every day so you might want to keep an eye of their interesting promotions.

-

Jl. Uluwatu II/10, Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia 80361
+6281338711975
IG: pancakefunny
Opening hours: 8am - 11.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts