[Closed] Pixelatte Cafe, Bali

On a Friday afternoon, I made my way to Pixelatte Cafe. Pixelatte is located in Renon, Denpasar, and it is quite well-known in town. Actually I visited this place out of curiosity. I got sick of cafes in Seminyak, so I decided to go to Denpasar, where I found Pixelatte on Instagram. The building looks huge from outside. Going inside, you will be greeted with warm modern-industrial theme. The owner apparently tried to combine Balinese and Australian styles together to create a unique, one of a kind vibe people cannot find in other cafes.


It was sooooo quiet when I came - there were only one couple and one mid-aged guy. It could be a good place for you (and me) who want to stay away from the crowd.

Iced Mocha - IDR35,000
This is the worst iced mocha I have ever had till date. I had already disliked the presentation to begin with - it does not look very elegant, especially with that straw. Both coffee and chocolate flavor were not present, I felt like drinking cold water.


Ayam Telor Asin - IDR60,000
Fyi, they only had salted egg prawn rice in the menu. I politely asked the staff if I could substitute the prawn with chicken (means I wanted salted egg chicken rice), but the staff did not seem to catch what I meant. I repeated, I wanted to get the chicken version of the dish. He replied, "oh, you want salted egg chicken", and I nodded to that. And tadah, here's what I got: a plate full of salted egg chicken WITHOUT rice haha. It startled me, really. I did not even want to order rice on the side anymore, so I just accepted the food as it was. It felt so weird eating the chicken, whose portion was actually meant for sharing (like zi char dish like that). I look so greedy ffs.

I might be not coming to this place again. Firstly, it is under my radar. Secondly, I don't want to bother driving for an hour for mediocre and pricey food. Thirdly, I just could not find anything to shout about this cafe. End of note, you can come here to chill (and take pictures), but not to enjoy good food.

-

Jl. Tukad Musi 1/9A, Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia 80227
+6287860442333
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm (Mon - Fri & Sun) // 11am - 11pm (Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts