Noach Cafe & Bistro, Surabaya

Surabaya is truly blessed with new cafes popping out here and there, and now here comes another one in the downtown! Please welcome, Noach Cafe & Bistro! *throws confetti* This eatery is located on Pregolan Street, right between Holycow and Boncafe (don't worry, it is super easy to find). The parking lot is spacious, but it was full when I came so I had to park my car in MEX building which is just opposite Noach.

Noach = Noah? Is it something related to Noah's ark? Yes, it is indeed! There are some Bible verses written on the wall, ark-like mirrors, and a big Noah's ark painting. I love the interior of this place! It is naturally-lit and is equipped with comfortable sofas (looks like the ones in Domicile). Talking about the menu, it is more to semi-fine-dining style rather than casual cafe since the menu is 'serious' (I don't even know how to define serious haha #failedfoodblogger #amievenafoodblogger). Like most cafes, Noach has indoor and outdoor areas which can accommodate up to around 100 patrons (my rough estimation).


I only took pics of the outdoor area since it was literally empty there. Who wants to sit outside at 12pm when the sun heat is at its hottest state?!


This is their popular 'birdcage' haha


Mochaccino - IDR33,000
My mochaccino was decent with puny taste of chocolate.

Passion Sunrise - IDR33,000
Need an eye-opener? Go for this mocktail, which consists of passionfruit, grenadine, orange juice and apple juice.


Sloopy Joes - IDR66,000
Sloopy? You mean sloppy? Haha I'm a grammar police ya know *black moon emoji* (I acknowledge there is a lot of grammatical errors in this blog too *bow*). Anyway, the beef patty here had been replaced with sloppy Joe that had a similar taste to La Fonte instant bolognaise sauce according to my cousin lol. The salad tasted weird, hmm maybe it was meant to be Asian-style salad since I sensed a dominant flavor of soy sauce? The fries was the best part of this dish - it was crispy and very well-seasoned.


Basil Pesto with Pan Seared Chicken - IDR77,000
It is written 'spaghetti' in the menu, but actually you can choose between spaghetti and fettuccine. Oh gawd, it's greasy but damn good! Thanks to my weakness for pesto-based pasta, I finished this dish in no time. The grilled chicken was a bit dry but the pesto sauce managed to cover it up.


Banana Butter Caramel Sauce - IDR33,000
Since my cousin had to rush, I packed this one home (we managed to ate two pieces on the spot though). They packed it nicely in a box completed with foil sheet. The banana was coated with breadcrumb and crisply fried. The caramel sauce was not too sweet, it tasted just nice. My family members enjoyed this treat.

My overall experience in Noach was pleasant. Nice place, good-tasting food, hospitable service - all worth the price paid. Some friends asked me about the price range; well, it really depends on what you intend to eat there (just snacking or having a heavy meal), but I suggest that you prepare at least IDR150,000 and you can leave the place with a full tummy and empty pocket. I'm just joking regarding the last three words. Well, it could be true though, if you come here by the end of the month haha!

-

Jl. Pregolan 4
Surabaya, Indonesia 60262
+6231-5311360
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm (Mon - Thu) // 11am - 12am (Fri - Sat) // 10am - 10pm (Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts