[Closed] d'Good Cafe, Singapore

Tucked away at a corner of the vibrant Holland Village, the human traffic at d'Good Cafe seems endless. This 2-storey cafe is always packed both on weekdays and weekends. It has several dining spots with different atmospheres, such as outdoor alfresco dining area overlooking the Holland Village vicinity, mini lawn a with lovely swing, and indoor area suitable for studying or doing homework. I was sitting at the 'studying' area that time, and I found it awkward since among all people there, my friend and I were the only ones who did not do any school-related stuffs haha. The place was so quiet, felt like we were in library instead of cafe.

Hot Hazelnut Caffe Latte - $5.60
I did not really enjoy my cuppa. For me, it was lacking in hazelnut flavor.

Power Berries - $8.60
On the other hand, I like this drink. The smoothie was thick with fresh and bold berries flavor.

Chicken Tikka Masala - $12.50
My friend and I made a joke by questioning if this was a cafe or Indian restaurant haha. Nonetheless, I must admit they succeed in creating their rendition of Indian food. There was a hint of buttery flavor in the sauce, which I fancied.

Plain Waffle + Cookies & Cream Gelato - $7
I thought it would be too plain for having waffle without ice cream, thus I added a scoop of cookies & cream gelato for $3. The waffle was slightly undercooked, so I could detect a strong batter taste.

Plain Waffle - $4
My friend ordered plain waffle with maple syrup (there are choices of maple and chocolate syrup). It tasted the same with mine, minus the gelato.


As the price is nett here (no GST and service charge), you have to order at the counter, pay, wait for your order to be prepared, and pick it up once it is ready. They use the beeper system, and for me who sat on the third floor, it was quite troublesome to head down to second floor to order, go back to wait for my food, and then head down again to pick up my food. I had to use the staircase back and forth. Although they do have a small lift with four people capacity to ease the mobility - which is a good idea - I just don't find it efficient for order-and-collect activities! But after all, I don't mind going back. For you who are curious about how homey the cafe is, just make your way to Holland Village and pay a visit to d'Good Cafe.

-

273 Holland Avenue, #02-01/02
Singapore 278992
+65-62199807
IG: dgoodcafe
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts