Ambush, Singapore

Serving European food, the menus at Ambush are ranging from German, Spain, Italy to French food. Since not all menus on the menu book came with photo, we had to guess how they would look like (we really had no idea what the hell some menus were).

The cold water is refillable and served in a wide glass. I love how the glass made the water look blue in color.

Swiss Rosti - $11.50
The shredded potato cake was served with smoked salmon and creme fraiche. I did not try this, but my friend said the rosti and salmon were cooked nicely.

Pan Seared of Fillet Salmon, Pancetta, Peas & Lentils Cream, Grilled Lemon - $17.50
The salmon fillet was big and tender. The creamy sauce was delicious as well and it had some pancetta (Italian pork belly bacon) bits and spinach inside. Presentation wise, it was visually pretty. It looks like a dish served in fine dining restaurants.

Sausage Plate - $13.80
This menu allows you to choose 1 kind of sausage (choose from cheese knacker, bockwurst, French Chicken garlic, and smoked bratwurst) and 1 kind of starch (choose from potato rosti, potato puree, fries, and pasta). I had mine with cheese knacker sausages. The rosti was decent, it was crispy on the outer part and not too oily. I was not really fond of sour cream, so I skipped it. I gave two thumbs up for the sausage! The cheese oozed out as I cut the sausage. The sausage was juicy and quite big in terms of size.

Signature Fish & Truffles Chips - $18.50
Who could resist truffle fries?! It was my first time having truffle fries with fish and it was super good! However, I don't really like the idea of eating on a wooden plate. It was messy and I was kinda scared that the wooden plate had not been washed cleanly and would contaminate the food (lol sorry for overthinking). Anyway, I like the beer-marinated fish - it was crispy on the outside and tender inside.

Overall, it was a satisfying meal. One thing that Ambush could improve on is probably the service. It was really hard for us to call the staff, until my friend had to stand up and approach them directly. Despite the service, I don't mind going back for the food.

-

9 Bishan Place, #02-19/20/27
Junction 8
Singapore 579837
+65-63533960
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts