Pastamania, Singapore

On a Saturday, I had a triple date with my friends in Bugis Junction and we settled our dinner at Pastamania. If you are not aware, Pastamania is a large Italian restaurant chain in Singapore specializing in casual Italian food. I have been a loyal Pastamania patron ever since I migrated to Singapore - it is my favorite place whenever I feel like eating quick and affordable pasta.

Iced Milo - $4.50
They had poured some Hershey's chocolate sauce (yes I saw them using Hershey's) into my Milo, making it even more sweeter.

Hot Milo - $4.10
The hot Milo was a joke. They did not stir it and the Milo powder did not dissolve at all.

Honey Garlic Chicken - $5.50
We could not stop munching the chicken and it instantly became everyone's favorite on the table. Yummy! The chicken was crispy and coated with honey. I thought the chicken would taste very sweet, but it was not. It is easy to eat too as it comes in bite size.

Dory Zuppa - $7.90
The dory zuppa is one unique dish. It was my first time trying pasta with soup (macaroni soup is not counted haha). The pasta used was fettuccine and it had some poached dory inside the tomato spicy soup base. It is a good option if you are bored of eating normal pasta.

Cheesy Crumble - $7.50
The pasta came in a medium portion and it was cooked al dente. I like how the cheese crumble added some crunch to it the dish, but the cheese sauce tasted very jelat that my friend could not finish it.

Cheesy Crumble Chicken Ham - $8.90
This is basically the same as Cheesy Crumble with an addition of chicken ham. I wish they could give more slice of ham though.

Arrabiata - $6.90
It was devilishly spicy for a non-spicy eater like me! I only tried a spoonful and my mouth was already burning, perhaps due to the excessive use of Tabasco sauce.

Beef Bolognese - $9.20
This was pretty yummy but the Bolognese sauce was slightly too watery. The sourness level was okay and it blended well with the minced meat.

Carbonara - $11.90
The presentation looks pale ya? Anyway, the turkey bacon was a bit hard to chew but the dish was tasteful as a whole.

Dory Baked Rice - $9.90
Besides pasta, I also tried Pastamania's baked rice with poached dory in creamy tomato herb and mozzarella sauce. Sadly, some of the rice grain was still uncooked. The cheese sauce also tasted rather bland. I will not order this again.

Strawberry Dessert Pizza - $5.10
To end our dinner, we shared this sweet pizza. The pizza was topped with strawberry bits, cheese crumble and cream cheese. Even though I was kinda disappointed with the small amount of strawberry bits in it, this dessert was generally satisfying. The combination of strawberry and cheese was just perfect!

Although the food here is not fantastic and sometimes inconsistent in taste, I always find myself coming back to Pastamania. I somehow like its casual atmosphere and pocket-friendly price, really suitable for youngsters with tight budget like me haha. I also like that the food comes pretty quickly even when the restaurant is crowded, so that your hungry stomach will not have to wait too long to be fed.

-

200 Victoria Street, #B1-08
Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021
+65-63396635
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts