Jamoo, Surabaya

Jamoo is located at Shangri-La Hotel, Surabaya, adopting the 'all you can eat buffet' concept. Many selections of food are offered here, from Indonesian, Chinese, Western, to Japanese. From the main lobby, take the escalator one level down, and you will spot this restaurant straightaway. Indoor and outdoor seats are available. I chose indoor, since it was hot out there and I found some people smoking.

I set off and filled my plate with grilled snapper, beef steak, wonton noodle, and many more that I cannot mention one by one. Then I had carbonara penne from the pasta station. At pasta station, we can pick the kind of pasta we like (spaghetti, penne, fettuccine, etc.), chose the sauce (marinara, carbonara, bolognaise), and hand the pasta to the chef to cook. All food here is freshly served and some are cooked before your eyes.

After finishing my first plate, I realized that I forgot to take picture. I then continued to Japanese station that served sushi. They only served standard sushi, not the fusion one. I picked tamago roll, veggie roll, ebi roll, tobiko roll, kani roll (from left to right), not forgetting to pour some shoyu and wasabi. They tasted pretty good, however I still prefer the ones I usually have at Sushi Tei or other well-known sushi restaurants.


The best part was of course the dessert! I always spare some space in my tummy for dessert, despite how full I am. I picked strawberry cheesecake, tiramisu (forgot to take picture again, sorry), then I moved to ice cream station to have a cup of chocolate and coffee ice cream. We can choose the topping to put in our ice cream. I put in some chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles, while my friend chose almonds, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate wafer, and chocolate stick. Suddenly, I got an idea to dip Oreo cookies to the nearby chocolate fountain, and put it in my ice cream as topping. My friend also did the same way to her chocolate wafer. It tasted very chocolatey hehe.

Overall, it was a good AYCE experience at Jamoo. The atmosphere is cozy and classy, and the buffet spread is great in terms of quality and variety.

Buffet Price:
- Breakfast:
Adult: IDR240,000
Child (6-11 years old): IDR120,000
- Lunch:
Adult: IDR268,000
Child (6-11 years old): IDR134,000
- Dinner:
Adult: IDR328,000
Child (6-11 years old): IDR164,000
- Sunday Brunch:
Adult: IDR268,000
Child (6-11 years old): IDR134,000
- Wednesday Satay Night:
Adult: IDR328,000
Child (6-11 years old): IDR164,000
- Thursday Japanese Night:
Adult: IDR328,000
Child (6-11 years old): IDR164,000
- Friday Seafood Night:
Adult: IDR328,000
Child (6-11 years old): IDR164,000



Took some pictures around Shangri-la Hotel after lunch

-

Shangri-La Hotel, 1st Floor
Jl. Mayjend Sungkono 120
Surabaya, Indonesia 60256
+6231-60038888
Opening hours: 6am - 10am; 12pm - 3pm; 6pm - 10pm (Mon - Fri) // 6am - 10.30am; 12pm - 3pm; 6pm - 10pm // 6am - 10.30pm (Mon - Sun; a la carte)

Comments

Popular Posts